BATTERY STILL BAD AFTER UPDATE!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMike97, Nov 15, 2011.

1. iMike97 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I updated my iPhone 4S to 5.0.1 and it did not fix the battery! Is the battery problem a hardware or software issue? Anyone else still have bad battery after the update?

2. Pravius macrumors regular

Mine has been fine since I brought it out of the box. Do you have anything open as far as applications, do you ever manually shut any down? Do you always have WiFi on and looking for networks? Location Services, GPS, Siri... ?

3. macbd macrumors regular

I've noticed improvement when in standby, but when using, still see the faster draining. And since I activated iTunes Match on there this morning, it's really dropping! :D

4. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

These are all good questions....^

5. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Well when I had 5.0. I did not have any battery drain issue at all. On 5.0.1 I see more of a improvement on mine. So technically I have no issues with the battery on my iphone 4S.

Try restoring your phone and see if that fixes your issues, if not try setting up as a new phone and test it out before you put everything back in it.

6. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

Hell's yes, there's still a problem!

Had bad battery drain from day one then fixed it (or I thought) about a week later via set as new phone and a few complete batt cycles.

Phone was fine for a couple weeks then BAM it was drain city.

Applied new 5.01 update and everything was cool until 2 days later when the drain started again.

Another setup as new did not solve the current issue nor did turning most features off. I even left all my apps off the recent reset and that had no effect.

The tell tail sign is when my usage and standby are now only a few minutes apart as in 3hrs of usage and 3hrs of standby.
    BTW, I'm not using the phone today but to check the usage.

7. itsjustmeee macrumors 6502a

There's been a lot of threads here about this. The one feature I've noticed that makes a big difference in the battery life are reminders .... especially location based ones. As soon as I deleted the couple I had, I noticed a big improvement with the battery. There's still issues but that made a big difference. If you can see the little arrow to the left of the battery percentage then your iphone (I believe) is always looking at where you are and trying to apprly it to an app.

8. seraveegn003 macrumors newbie

apple wants you guys to buy a backpack battery for your iphone ==!!

9. Dun Properly macrumors member

I was experiencing problems similar to everyone else and this fixed all my problems. I did a full restore through Itunes. Now my battery is great and the phone is perfect.

10. jwwpua macrumors member

After doing this, if you set up with iCloud (to get apps/settings/etc back), does it mess things up again?

11. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I get better battery life with my Skyrocket and that's on LTE for god sake. That shouldn't happen.