Beach ball of death step aside, "Alert: No Internet Connection" has taken the crown!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ncdasa, Aug 13, 2010.

1. ncdasa macrumors member

:eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad:

I dont know where to begin. All of my frustration wants to come up out at once without any particular order :mad: !!!!!

Since Snow Leopard, I have seen this "!" in the airport radar in the menu bar, so politely informing that i will not be able to connect to internet because.... :confused:

I just received one of the latest model 13" mbps 3 days ago and till yet have not been able to connect to our homes wireless connection once! I dont know if this is a hardware problem or the fault of S.leopard, but after looking online (connected through the ethernet cable) i saw that many many people are having the same problem and it is attributed to S.leopard. I also had that intuition and have been inclined to think that that was the case.

I tried every solution i could find online, and everyone i could think of separately (at present i am installing OS 10.5 on an external partition to see how it connects to the wifi...). I also called tech support who were of the opinion that low and behold the Holly Apple could not be at fault, but that it was my router/ modem/ service provider, (even though the two other apple laptops in the house NOT running S.L connect fine, as well as the other PC in the house).

Any have the same problem, or better yet a solution :rolleyes: ?

2. Martyimac macrumors 6502a

Martyimac

I can only guess at the problem so here goes.

1. Make sure wifi on your MBP is turned on.
    2. Make sure you are trying to join the right network.
    3. Make sure you are typing in the correct password.

If I think of anything else will add.