Beam Me Up Scotty.

Plutonius

macrumors 604
Original poster
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
This article shows that the Russians are producing a revolutionary "death ray" weapon designed mostly to fry drones and it sounds like it's heading to Syria.

Does the Russian buildup, especially in Syria, concern you or do you think it's just posturing ?

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
This article shows that the Russians are producing a revolutionary "death ray" weapon designed mostly to fry drones and it sounds like it's heading to Syria.

Does the Russian buildup, especially in Syria, concern you or do you think it's just posturing ?
Considering today's NATO action in Latvia... yeah it's a buildup on both sides designed to escalate the situation.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Reactions: DrewDaHilp1

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
All Your Memes Are Belong to US

Solomani

macrumors 68040
Sep 25, 2012
Alberto, Canado

Well, even if the Russians eventually don't want an open war with the US…. the buildup is not just "posturing".

It's called "giving the Russian army combat experience". The presence of Russian troops in Syria is a great way for them to get combat training and practice. Which does help them be better prepared in the event that open hostilities do break out between the US and Russia.

By the same token, Iran's soldiers are getting invaluable combat training by having a key presence alongside Assad's Syrian loyalist troops.

I'm not saying that Iranian soldiers will ever become the equal of US armed forces, but if a direct confrontation between Iran and Saudi forces ever happen, I'm willing to bet that Iranian regiments will murder the Saudis (even if the Saudis have "superior" American-made equipment given to them by American taxpayers).

Reactions: yaxomoxay