Bear this in mind before you buy both moshi palmguard and clearguard!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by klee1987, Aug 8, 2009.

1. klee1987 macrumors regular

I have a 13" MBP with both Palmguard (PG) and Clearguard (CG).....

My sister's White MB's had the keyboard replaced (yes, those damn cracks), 2 weeks ago I bought her a PG to protect it, and she's going to beijing in a week so I decided to get a CG for her to replace the yellowed silicon KB Protector (yuk!)

When I put the new CG on her machine I realised it was about 0.5mm longer at the bottom compared to the one on my MBP. It gets caught under the PG every now and then which makes the CG bulge; I have to loosen it by lifting the CG, which gets really annoying and defeats the purpose of having it.....I have no problems with the old CG on both machines.

I've now put my MBP CG on her machine and the new crappy one on my MBP since the problem is not as bad on the MBP (there's more space at the edge where the keyboard curves up)

So my conclusion is, no two clearguards are made equal and i'm just really unlucky.

Has anyone had the same problem? I really don't want to cut the excess bits off with a pair of scissors....

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I have both the moshi palmguard & clearguard too - however on my 15" unibody MBP.

The clear guard fits perfectly and doesn't cause any problems with the palmguard for me.