Beautiful day, so washed my truck... what are you doing?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacDawg, Feb 20, 2010.

1. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

[​IMG]

So I washed my truck
    2006 F150 4X4

Washed away the grit and grime of winter and the recent snows
    Got those white letters bright and those aluminum wheels shiny

So what are you doing with your beautiful day today?
    And if it isn't beautiful where you are... what is the first thing you will do when it is?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

That's what my day and the weekend look like: Hazardous Weather Outlook :(

I don't know what I'll do once it'll get wamer/sunny. I have no such hopes for the near future ;)

3. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

It is gorgeous weather here in Seattle. But...there are some good Olympic hockey games on today. Will still try to go for a walk to enjoy the sun a bit. :)

4. mac88 macrumors 6502

My first real day off in a while. Just converting some video files and killing some time on Macrumors.

5. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

It's not a beautiful day here. :( So I got some chinese food and I'm watching the Simpsons. :D

6. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

It's snowing here. In a few hours, I'm taking my brother and his wife out to dinner, and then to watch a minor league hockey game.

So, a nice day all around.

7. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

The sun's shining bright in L.A.

DAMNIT!!!

They said it was gonna rain! Where's the gloom?????:confused:

8. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Got a haircut. Had a nap. Uneventful..

MacDawg My car needs a wash, real bad. It's dirtier now than it's ever been.

9. D A macrumors regular

Shoveling snow.

Have gotten well over a foot of snow since yesterday and more is coming. Couple that with heavy winds and you get some huge snowbanks, so much in fact that the snow plows haven't been running at all in certain places. That is in addition to the near two feet of snow that has accumulated on the ground for nearly two months.

On Thursday there was a snowbank outside my living room approximately 3 feet high, now it's nearly 8 feet high. The snow is predicted to continue until tomorrow morning (another 9 hours or so) and I'm sure it'll be way higher than that.

Thank god the snow is so light, doesn't really weigh anything, only problem is that it's freezing, below 10F, not accounting for wind shill factor.

10. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I'm moving all my stuff to my new Mini. I really should be outside, since it's the first nice day in a while. Mid 60s and sunshine. I was going to wash my car, but it's going to rain for about the next three days, so I decided to pass. I also really need to get rid of all the pine straw in the back yard.

11. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Oooooh, purty truck!

We took our new car out for a drive this morning. Trying to learn all the seat configurations and how to use the sync system with my iPhone.

I wish I could go for a nice long walk with the dogs, but one of them just had surgery last Monday, so she can't go on long walks for a while. So, Olympics on TV it is!

12. satty macrumors 6502

Beautiful day here in Wellington :D

Go to a couple of Open Homes; I plan to buy a house here. Later I'll attend the Wellington Phoenix vs. Perth Glory soccer match with a couple of friends.

13. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

I've been working, unfortunately. At least I still get to enjoy the nice weather through - it was supposed to be rainy today, but other than a shower last night, it's been pretty dry.

14. [DL] macrumors 6502

[DL]

15. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

The weather here was beautiful today. I washed my suburban, inside and out. She's happy now. Wasn't so bad since my dad has hot water run outside. :)

Then took off to the store for beer and rode with the windows down and the stereo blasting. :cool:

We just hit 70ºF. Fixin to go back outside and kick my son's butt in badminton. Ah, fresh air is nice when one lives in a basement.

Looking forward to an excellent day tomorrow too. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. :)

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I fixed my website. I planned my next mini project. I watched way too much Family Guy and Lost (series 1) with the girlfriend and now I'm back working.

17. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I got a cut & highlights, with a free botanical treatment, went to book club, went for a walk, and am going out for dinner in a bit. It is rather not warm here.

My car has been so dirty all winter... I'm so sick of it, but it just hasn't been the kind of weather where it would stay clean.

18. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I washed my car. And by washed, I mean my lazy ass drove it through the car wash at the gas station after filling up. For 10 bucks it didn't do a half bad job. I wish it did better on the back of the car, but I don't think car washes are really good at getting the rear of hatchbacks.

When it's warmer and the snow over for the season, I'll give it a good hand wash and wax.

19. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

After a week of pretty nice weather, it turned cold and windy. We're cleaning out the cupboards, the fridge and the coffin freezer.

20. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I had my car washed today. I don't think it's been washed since Thanksgiving. Looks lovely. Too bad it going to rain and snow this week.

21. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Even if it's going to rain and snow again, it's good to get all that crap off your car, I can't imagine the salt being good for the paint job and frame.

22. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Cleaned the pool today... cloudy out but nice. Going to heat up the hot tub for the first time this year in a bit...:D

Ready for it to warm up so I can get rid of all the dead stuff and put in new plants.

Attached Files:

23. fotografica macrumors 68040

Snowy week headed here this week too.Nice day today.Beautiful night too.. Headed out for a cigar in a bit...

24. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I know, that's just the thing; I can wash it, but then in a day it'll be filthy again. I never wash my car in the winter. First warm day of Spring, though, and I'm in the backyard making it shine :cool:

25. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

On Saturday, i cleaned my house, fixed a couple of laptops for some friends. Had some music on nice and loud.

Had tea up and mum and dads.

Sunday morning - sitting here drinking a coffee and reading mac rumors