Beautiful day, so washed my truck... what are you doing?

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Original poster
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

So I washed my truck
2006 F150 4X4

Washed away the grit and grime of winter and the recent snows
Got those white letters bright and those aluminum wheels shiny

So what are you doing with your beautiful day today?
And if it isn't beautiful where you are... what is the first thing you will do when it is?

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
It is gorgeous weather here in Seattle. But...there are some good Olympic hockey games on today. Will still try to go for a walk to enjoy the sun a bit. :)

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Got a haircut. Had a nap. Uneventful..

MacDawg My car needs a wash, real bad. It's dirtier now than it's ever been.

D A

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2008
Shoveling snow.

Have gotten well over a foot of snow since yesterday and more is coming. Couple that with heavy winds and you get some huge snowbanks, so much in fact that the snow plows haven't been running at all in certain places. That is in addition to the near two feet of snow that has accumulated on the ground for nearly two months.

On Thursday there was a snowbank outside my living room approximately 3 feet high, now it's nearly 8 feet high. The snow is predicted to continue until tomorrow morning (another 9 hours or so) and I'm sure it'll be way higher than that.

Thank god the snow is so light, doesn't really weigh anything, only problem is that it's freezing, below 10F, not accounting for wind shill factor.

steve2112

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2009
East of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus
I'm moving all my stuff to my new Mini. I really should be outside, since it's the first nice day in a while. Mid 60s and sunshine. I was going to wash my car, but it's going to rain for about the next three days, so I decided to pass. I also really need to get rid of all the pine straw in the back yard.

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Oooooh, purty truck!

We took our new car out for a drive this morning. Trying to learn all the seat configurations and how to use the sync system with my iPhone.

I wish I could go for a nice long walk with the dogs, but one of them just had surgery last Monday, so she can't go on long walks for a while. So, Olympics on TV it is!

dmr727

macrumors G3
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I've been working, unfortunately. At least I still get to enjoy the nice weather through - it was supposed to be rainy today, but other than a shower last night, it's been pretty dry.

redwarrior

macrumors 603
Apr 7, 2008
in the Dawg house
The weather here was beautiful today. I washed my suburban, inside and out. She's happy now. Wasn't so bad since my dad has hot water run outside. :)

Then took off to the store for beer and rode with the windows down and the stereo blasting. :cool:

We just hit 70ºF. Fixin to go back outside and kick my son's butt in badminton. Ah, fresh air is nice when one lives in a basement.

Looking forward to an excellent day tomorrow too. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. :)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I fixed my website. I planned my next mini project. I watched way too much Family Guy and Lost (series 1) with the girlfriend and now I'm back working.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I got a cut & highlights, with a free botanical treatment, went to book club, went for a walk, and am going out for dinner in a bit. It is rather not warm here.

MacDawg My car needs a wash, real bad. It's dirtier now than it's ever been.
My car has been so dirty all winter... I'm so sick of it, but it just hasn't been the kind of weather where it would stay clean.

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I washed my car. And by washed, I mean my lazy ass drove it through the car wash at the gas station after filling up. For 10 bucks it didn't do a half bad job. I wish it did better on the back of the car, but I don't think car washes are really good at getting the rear of hatchbacks.

When it's warmer and the snow over for the season, I'll give it a good hand wash and wax.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I had my car washed today. I don't think it's been washed since Thanksgiving. Looks lovely. Too bad it going to rain and snow this week.

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I had my car washed today. I don't think it's been washed since Thanksgiving. Looks lovely. Too bad it going to rain and snow this week.
Even if it's going to rain and snow again, it's good to get all that crap off your car, I can't imagine the salt being good for the paint job and frame.

fotografica

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Boston
Snowy week headed here this week too.Nice day today.Beautiful night too.. Headed out for a cigar in a bit...

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
My car has been so dirty all winter... I'm so sick of it, but it just hasn't been the kind of weather where it would stay clean.
I know, that's just the thing; I can wash it, but then in a day it'll be filthy again. I never wash my car in the winter. First warm day of Spring, though, and I'm in the backyard making it shine :cool:

toolbox

macrumors 68020
Oct 6, 2007
Australia (WA)
On Saturday, i cleaned my house, fixed a couple of laptops for some friends. Had some music on nice and loud.

Had tea up and mum and dads.

Sunday morning - sitting here drinking a coffee and reading mac rumors