BEAUTIFul Microsoft mouse... definetly outshines apple's offering.

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
Germany
I read a review of a buyer who said that after only weeks of using the mouse almost broke into pieces. Looks good, but seems to be very fragile.

RationalDreamer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
OMG... i take this post back. Just took a look at apple's site and saw the Kensington StudioMouse it's gorgeous, has 2 buttons.... and it's wireless. I can finally get rid of my one-button mouse.

Good looking on the fragility of the stark mouse.

thequicksilver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2004
Birmingham
It looks nice, but it's not nice to use. The entire left and right sides of the mouse act as the buttons, meaning if you're heavy handed <points at self> you're knocking the buttons all the time.

I'll stick to my Logitech Mouseman Traveller thanks.

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
iGAV said:
Wacom... any mouse pales in comparison. ;)
Wacom--I don't think I've ever seen a darker mouse:) and I agree it works very well. Their pen is a thoughtfully functional tool as well, and all seem indestructible.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
The Wacom is nice, but I find myself using the Kensington wireless. Much nicer. Actually, after some mad coding, I'm on the trackball again... need to give my wrist a rest.

Edit: I think we can all agree that jokes about the above final comment are obvious and need not be expressed.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
iGAV said:
it's true though... mouses are so passe. :p
Thank God you must've been talking about using the pen with the tablet. ;) Now I can say it: the Wacom mice suck. The pens are great! The tablets are sublime! But the mice suck. :)

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
jsw said:
Thank God you must've been talking about using the pen with the tablet. ;) Now I can say it: the Wacom mice suck. The pens are great! The tablets are sublime! But the mice suck. :)

heheh of course I mean the pen, when one says Wacom one means pen, not mouse. :)

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
I love how this mouse looks too. Almost got one a couple weeks ago. Microsoft has some nice looking mice and keyboards.

*snif snif* Do I smell an Apple mouse ripoff?
and

They don't looks similar at all....

scem0

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
The topic of this mouse has come up before. I have this mouse and use it often on my PC but I still really like the Apple mouse. Just a note: the mouse does feel cheaply built and is too easily clicked.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
Sod off
A three button/scroll wheel mouse can never have the clean lines that Apple's mouse has. Unfortunately, I need the extra buttons, so I love my Logitech. Meh, I say, it isn't bad looking but I'm not excited.

Maxx Power

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2003
thequicksilver said:
It looks nice, but it's not nice to use. The entire left and right sides of the mouse act as the buttons, meaning if you're heavy handed <points at self> you're knocking the buttons all the time.

I'll stick to my Logitech Mouseman Traveller thanks.
Hey!! Me Too!! I love this mouse, best and will always be the only mouse I'll use.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
iGAV said:
heheh of course I mean the pen, when one says Wacom one means pen, not mouse. :)
But what size tablet do you have and what version. I had a 12x12 Intuos a while back and loved it. I've been thinking of getting another one, probably the 6x8, Intuos 3, but wireless mice have some appeal.....

D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
My choice would be the blue. If I were going to go non-Apple Mouse would prefer a Kensington wireless trackball. It would be a learning curve either way.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
jsw said:
The Wacom is nice, but I find myself using the Kensington wireless. Much nicer. Actually, after some mad coding, I'm on the trackball again... need to give my wrist a rest.

Edit: I think we can all agree that jokes about the above final comment are obvious and need not be expressed.
Hey a fellow trackball-er. I much prefer the lack of strain on the wrist, and the precision that I can use the trackball with to any mouse. While each pointing device has its benefits, I very much enjoy using my Kensington Orbit Optical trackball (2 buttons) :)

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Mr. Anderson said:
But what size tablet do you have and what version. I had a 12x12 Intuos a while back and loved it. I've been thinking of getting another one, probably the 6x8, Intuos 3, but wireless mice have some appeal.....

D
I've got the Intuos 3 A4... with the funky buttons that you program and you can use your fingers on the tablet as well. :)

I can't understand anyone wanting a mouse when a Wacom spanks it... :)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i want the Logitech MX1000 to go BT and then i will consider it, the 1000 is awesome from everything i have seen, but with a powerbook i would want it to be BT for sure, although i have to try and replace the hard drive in the 'book now....hmmmmmm yeah BT is still better

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!