Becks latest Pathetic Attack on Obama.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macfan881, Aug 23, 2010.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

2. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

I feel sorry for anyone who goes to a crap site like Media Matters. Honestly, Beck is about the only straight shooter on the tele these days.

The clip sounds good to me. He wasn't particularly attacking that particular statement, so I really don't understand why the video is titled the way it is. Oh wait, yeah I do. It's Media Matters.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Why is this idiot allowed on TV? The right wing has lost it's mind when it lets morons like this on mainstream TV.

4. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Why did I watch that?? I hold you personally responsible. :mad: ;)

The Alhambra Mosque, in it's day, represented thought that was light years ahead of this idiot.

The Moors embraced the arts like no others before them, regardless of origin.

I think he chokes on the word Mosque ..... at every opportunity.

5. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Probably the same reason the left let an idiot like Barry in the White House. Beck's not really right, as his anarchist/libertarian. Good labeling though.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Well gosh, he's supported by a mainstream right wing TV media outlet. And Obama is light years better than Bush ever was. You guys have to own that moron.

Oh look, you're from Texas. No surprise there.

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Anarchist/libertarian my ass. He picks and chooses when he wants big government just like the rest of the them.

8. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

I'm sorry you live outside of Heaven. Perhaps that's why you can't understand that Fox News is no more right than CNN or MSNBC is left.

Beck wants government limited to its Constitutional powers. So, don't know how that's picking and choosing. For me, it's all in black and white on the paper it was written on.

So, no one has told me yet why the video is titled the way it is. He mentions that statement..once I think. That's it.

9. Burnsey macrumors 6502a

Wasn't Obama's order of the faiths in his speech based on the population of each in the USA?

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Beck is more than happy to let the government step in and do what it is that HE likes.And if Texas is heaven, can't wait to go to hell.

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Pretty much, but let's not let facts get in the way.

12. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Sort of a bit off topic, but...

I haven't (thankfully) seen a single second of Beck's show, and hopefully never will...

However, I unfortunately ran into him when he had a guest spot on an episode of Glee (my fiancee was watching it). The scene was him, his wife, and their daughter (who is a main character on the show) are having dinner with the daughter's boyfriend. The daughter is pregnant, and the boyfriend believes that it is his. He does the right thing in telling them that they are pregnant, and that they are going to do right by the baby and by eachother. Beck gets absolutely livid at him, his daughter, and is overbearing on his wife, and kicks the daughter out, telling her to never come back. Then brags about wanting to hurry through dinner so he can watch his favourite show on TV.. happens to be Glenn Beck.

I know it is a teen drama type/whatever type show, but in seeing how he acted there gave me the perception of a bad actor; seeing how he acts on his own 'news' show already had me thinking he's a bad person, period. In short, by his actions on his show, he lost my respect, and any semblance of a chance of getting a sliver of it back was crushed by his performance there. The guy's a maggot.

BL.

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Sounds like typical douchebag Beck.

14. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I know you were responding to Lee in this case, but I'd thought I'd answer as well. I'm happy to say that I watch/listen to none of the above, though if I had a choice of just those three, it would be MSNBC.

Personally, I can't do the talking heads. Like Don Henley said, "We got the bubble headed bleach blond that comes on at 5, she can tell you about the plane crash with a gleam in her eye. It's interesting when people die, give us Dirty Laundry."

NPR for me. At least when/if I support it, I get the tax write-off.

If it is all in black and white as you say, then you should have no problem with Muslim's exercise of their 1st Amendment rights for their mosque/community center in NYC, no?

If it is in black and white, in regards to Obama's faith debacle, you should have no problem with his faith, according to Article VI, no?

Just inquiring.

BL.

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Lee, its ok to acknowledge the damage the Bush Administration did in the past, but its far past time to bring him up any time someone is talking about our issues right now. They had there seed in the past presidency, but from now on lets talk about how we are trying to move past that (or not in certain regards) rather than talking about how its not as bad as past times.

Otherwise we just keep getting in the pointless "stop blaming bush for everything"/"he ruined X,Y,Z" vacuum we've seen far too many times in these forums. I'd like to move forward, and there are far too many here who complete shut down a good debate the second Bush comes up. I say from now on we minimize mentioning him unless absolutely necessary or relevant. :)

16. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I'm disappointed that when I type "punch glenn beck in the face" into google, no flash based games appear allowing me to punch him in the face. Can someone remedy this situation for me?

Also, please don't watch Glenn Beck. He's not right, in the head.

17. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

[​IMG]

18. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I know I don't. Unfortunately the situation is nowhere near a "don't like it, don't watch it" scenario in the sense that millions of people view, believe, and follow him as if he is one of the few people speaking "the truth." Whether we see him as an asshat opportunist or not, somehow he has a certain amount of political pull in our country that makes him a significant figure.

Really all we can hope for is that enough of the youth watching shows like the daily show which regularly shows the sheer ridiculousness of him and fox/cnn/msnbc that they understand news cannot merely come from one source, as it is far too easily twisted.

19. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

If Obama were a Republican, Beck would be kissing his ass and praising everything he said (including this). Closed minded sack of sh...

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I liked your link to his "best of" collection in the other thread. Post it here too please.

My favorite- "It took me about a year to start hating the 9/11 victims families....they just complain all the time!....I never thought I could hate victims"

Someone should call up his radio show while he's ranting about the "9/11 mosque" spitting in the face of the 9/11 families and just play the audio of that clip. What an *******.

21. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

I'll give you $10 if you do lol :p

22. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

You got it, NT.

The Best of Glen Beck

23. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

So how many people actually watch Glen Beck to hear someone they agree with? He seems to be a more popular punching bag (he is an easy target) than someone anyone with sense would pay attention to. Is Glen Beck really important enough to get all these threads dedicated to him and to have Jon Stewart parody him?

24. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

You really don't know of the millions that follow this man as if he alone knows "the truth"? He's huge! Got his own radio and tv show with millions of followers.

25. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Yes, minus non believers..but hell, I think we're just happy to be mentioned at this point! Considering 4 presidents ago, Bush Senior was saying he wasn't sure Atheists should be US citizens