<<<BeejiveIM on sale for $5.99>>> Woohoo! Hurry up!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Pooshka, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Pooshka macrumors 65816

2. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Your app? lol. I bought it last year for 15.99 but it was well worth it!! 6.99 is a steal!!!!

3. techpr macrumors 6502

techpr

Trying to Buy but.....

Trying to Buy but.....

Attached Files:

4. bozzykid macrumors 68020

I'm sure Trillian being released this week has nothing to do with the lowered price. :)

5. navajarunner macrumors regular

navajarunner

If this had been on sale for $5, I would of gotten it. I have IM+ so for five bucks its like whatever. But for for seven bucks I think "I already have a IM app..." :-/

6. anonymouz1828 macrumors regular

Awesome .. i m looking for an paid IM app (beejive and im+).. when the price will be back up agian?? Yeah .. $5 would be good .. will you lower!?!

7. The General macrumors 601

Apparently $2 is the difference between knowing that "would've" isn't a contraction for "would of" and not knowing that "would've" isn't a contraction for "would of".

8. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

How would any amount of money differentiate between the two?

9. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

OP, how is the millionaire's life? Must be pretty neat. :)

10. navajarunner macrumors regular

navajarunner

Thank you. Again, I -would have- if it was $5.

11. TodVader macrumors 6502a

TodVader

I paid full price for it when it released and don't regret it. Now with push, it's awesome. I use it all the time.

12. dr34mc4st3r macrumors regular

dr34mc4st3r

i suggest u take the plunge while its on sale, its very likely you won't regret it if you use it daily like many of us here. :D

13. IronLogik macrumors 6502

Doesn't seem to be doing a great job at beating Trillian. Which is #1 in the Social Networking category right now.

14. kicko macrumors 65816

Only because its something new to try. I looked at trillion but it requires you to make a trillion account. Thats one more step not needed when using beejive.

The one thing about beejive is that they seem to strive in functionality over features. and $6.99 is the cheapest it has every been. I would grab that if someone was looking for an IM client.

15. bozzykid macrumors 68020

That stat is based on recent activity. Clearly Trillian doesn't even come close the Beejive with their first version. The number of Beejive users still greatly outnumbers Trillian users.

16. Almy macrumors 6502

I bought Beejive when it first came out for $15, it's been worth every dime. Sale price is very worth it, grab it now! As for Trillian, competition is a wonderful thing.

Btw, one of the big factors in Beejive's favor is long term reliability. It's been on the mobile market longer than the iPhone. The artist formerly known as JiveTalk.

17. IronLogik macrumors 6502

Say what? Beejive strives for functionality over features? You've gotta be ******** me. Look at the options for Beejive. Most are just garbage. Wow. Some of you on this forum make me feel like a damn genius.

18. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

That's some iron logic.

19. Almy macrumors 6502

Beejive does have some great functionality, and has for a long time. You just have to know how to use them. One example is during an chat you can touch the top of the screen to bring up a drop down, and scrollable, menu to choose between chats, even unused ones. The drop down also brings up photo attachments, emails, and such. It's done beautifully, takes up no space until you want it.

20. IronLogik macrumors 6502

Sure but there are some stupid stupid stupid options in the application that seriously aren't "functionality" it's more like "distractionality" from the fact that the app is a bug ridden pile of trash.

21. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Except that...it's not?

22. Almy macrumors 6502

I don't have any bugs with Beejive. Even when Facebook changes login procedures Beejive devs answer their forums and post the incoming fix. It's ok for people to like different apps, you don't have to like the same one someone else does.

23. Pooshka thread starter macrumors 65816

What kind of idiot would choose colour circles to represent Yahoo, MSN, AOL, etc.??? That's what drove me nnnnnutz about Trillian!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I hated it!!!! Deleted it after 10 minutes of pathetic use!!!!!!! Each time I saw one of my Yahoo contacts, I thought they were freakin' away!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ditch that s*it, Trillian!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

24. IronLogik macrumors 6502

Try turning your iphone in landscape mode. Then send yourself a message on a desktop and click View at the homescreen during the push notification. The app will open. Crap itself in a state that the only way you can do anything is to close the app and reopen it. It's been in every version of 3.0 was released. I've reported it dozens of times and they refuse to fix it.

Here's a link to the video I just took.

http://paperjamindustries.com/storage/beejive/beejive-landscapebug.m4v

That's just one of many I have submitted to them. Sorry for the quality, just took it to prove that Beejive's support sucks.

25. arrow201 macrumors member

Disagree ...yes, Beejive has more features being a mature product,
    but one thing i like, and is very important to me, is Trillians fast connect
    times (WiFi or 3G) ...of all the msg apps i've tried, so far, it's the fastest.
    For v1.0, i've found it to be a very reliable/stable product.