Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GrindedDown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2009
Las Vegas
I have recently been having a lot of problems when using my Bose Companion 5 speakers to playback music through USB on my late '08 MBP. These problems didn't occur the first 4 or 5 months I had the speakers, but all of the sudden became a major problem. Occasionally, when I initially plug in the speakers, I will get a constant beep/tone (annoying) from the Comp. 5's. I either have to wait a second for it to go away and begin audio playback or unplug and re-plug in.

Aside from that when I am listening, occasionally, the sound begins to fade in and out a lot where I can't use them. I then need to wait a while. I plugged the speakers into it's own power outlet instead of a power strip recently which has reduced the issue, but it's still there. Thoughts/help on what I should/could do?

Note: My applecare expired 3 days ago :(

JustinTM

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2014
Did you ever find a solution to this beeping problem. I have the same exact issue with my 15" MBP [Late 2008] while using my Bose Companion 5 Speakers. Every time I plug in the USB for the speakers - I get a constant faint beep sound that is repetitive & very annoying. I haven't figured out how to stop this from happening. It will randomly stop but then start again randomly! If you did figure out how to clear this issue up please let me know. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.