Before I JB iP4 Test On original iPhone 2G 16GB w/3.13 BB - But How?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by A684TTQARX7, Feb 20, 2011.

1. A684TTQARX7 macrumors member

A684TTQARX7

Greetings,
    After several months & much reading I have come to the conclusion that I would like to JB my iP4. However, before I do I wanted to try my hand at Jailbreaking my original iPhone 2G 16GB w/3.13 BB. From what I have read the PwnageTool is the way to go w/the iPhone 2G (1st Generation) use it & let the PwnageTool do it's magic. I'm running Windows XP. I downloaded it from the Dev-Team Blog page http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/211802082/pwnage-pie#idc-cover but it won't run on my machine. What could I be doing wrong? :confused: What is the best way to JB my original iPhone so I can see & experience for myself all of the benefits of JB & then go for the gusto w/a full Jailbreak on my iP4.

Thanks,

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the Marines don't have that problem. To those who understand no explanation is necessary - To those who "don't" no explanation is possible.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

3. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Redsn0w is your jailbreak, and bootneuter is your unlock. You could use pwnagetool if you wanted as well.

4. A684TTQARX7 thread starter macrumors member

A684TTQARX7

5. A684TTQARX7 thread starter macrumors member

A684TTQARX7

Well all was going GR8 but then at Step Six "Once the firmware has been verified click the Next button to continue." I hit a brick wall again :eek:

I checked & triple checked the Version Firmware & it shows 3.1.3 (7E18) & it shows up in the RedSn0w.exe file (0.94) I select it as it’s the only one anyhow & it starts to recognize it & then BANG stops w/following error :Unable To Recognize Specified IPSW. So I go back re-download file again as per tutorial & once again no luck. :confused:

Any advice?

6. A684TTQARX7 thread starter macrumors member

A684TTQARX7

I'm back for more pain, trying tonight again w/the PWNAGETOOL & getting same error "Unable To Recognize Specified IPSW". So here's my dumb question, must the 2G be activated w/valid SIM, do I have to place my iP4 SIM in the 2G & activate my 2G? I'm just trying to test the waters at JB the 2G first before diving into the shark infestive waters. Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the Marines don't have that problem. To those who understand no explanation is necessary - To those who "don't" no explanation is possible.

7. A684TTQARX7 thread starter macrumors member

A684TTQARX7

FREEDOM! As the saying goes "GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND". Now off I go to the dark world of JB & Unlocking never to materialize again :). The problem in case someone else is lurking was/is that redsn0w expects to see a 3.1.2 IPSW (even when it is used to jailbreak a 3.1.3 IPSW). Unfortunately it looks like it was never updated properly in iClarified.

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the Marines don't have that problem.To those who understand no explanation is necessary - To those who "don't" no explanation is possible.

8. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Or just reading people's signatures is your friend.