Before Meeting With Muslim Constituents, Lawmaker Asks If They Beat Their Wives

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Mar 4, 2017.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

now these were high schoolers so it really shows what a total asshat idiot this waste of oxygen is. to think a blade of grass worked hard to provide him with air such a waste.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/john-bennett-islam-questionnaire-us_us_58b9f87de4b05cf0f400bebc

2. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

3. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 603

The-Real-Deal82

It just goes to show how misinformed people can be at a high level. This sort of offensive tripe was obviously approved before the questionnaires were published which is highly embarrassing.

4. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

I don't beat my wife, I beat my wives, you ignorant old fool:D

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Although abuse of women is more prevalent in Islamic dominated countries it seems strange to ask this to high schoolers.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

They should change it to " does your dad beat your mom?":eek:

7. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

It happened in Christian areas too. There are a lot of things that are fortunately unacceptable today, such as various acts of mass murder carried out by protestants. I mention them, because they killed far more people than the Spanish Inquisition.

When you see people today, you should treat them as individuals, not a religious hive mind.

With that in mind

8. Meister, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017

Meister Suspended

Meister

All fair questions.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 5, 2017 ---
    Indeed.
    But only a small wording error.

I'm sure those students got the point.

9. Zenithal macrumors 603

It is Oklahoma. Teenagers getting married at 18 or just after high school seems to be the norm in the south. Or perhaps the congressman has been watching or reading too much Fifty Shades of Gray.

10. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 603

The-Real-Deal82

Has it actually been revealed why such a strange question was included? Do they ask Christian men if they like looking at little boys? Or do they just include xenophobic questions for Muslim teenagers? It's a great way to encourage integration isn't it?

[​IMG]

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Cases of child molestation are extremely rare in Christian world, but disgusting none the less. Cases of women being mistreated in Islamic culture are pretty pervasive.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_domestic_violence
    --- Post Merged, Mar 5, 2017 ---
    I would much rather it be "I believe women and men deserve equal rights and treatment" yes or no.

Imagine if the Christian sects tried forced all women to dress like nuns to cover themselves to be "decent". The left would die of a heart attack at the target given to them.

And then they excuse it as a woman's choice even though some Islamic leaders won't meet with foreign political figures without them adopting the veil. Jesus.

12. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

Really? Got something to back that up besides how great you think Christians are?

13. OriginalAppleGuy macrumors 6502a

OriginalAppleGuy

Religion just needs to go away. The Koran huh? How about the Christian bible? Let's take a look as some of my favorite verses:

Psalm 137:9 "Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks"

1 Timothy 2:12 "I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet"

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 "If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives"

Leviticus 25:44 "Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves"

Jeremiah 48:10 "A curse on anyone who is lax in doing the LORD's work! A curse on anyone who keeps their sword from bloodshed!"

Ezekiel 9:5 "As I listened, he said to the others, "Follow him through the city and kill, without showing pity or compassion""

Numbers 25:4 "The lord said to Moses, "Take all the leaders of these people, kill them and expose them in broad daylight before the LORD, so that the LORD's fierce anger may turn away from Israel""

All "texts" held to high regard by those in their respective religions are very similar. The ideals are very similar - some good, some bad. The only real difference is the people who chose "their" religion.

14. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

You catch the link below?

15. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

where does it say christians don't abuse their children?

16. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Um, really? Abuse of women is less prevalent in countries like, say, the United States? Seems to me it is just more hushed-up here...

17. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Oklahoma state Rep. John Bennett should hand out a questionnaire to all white, conservative visitors asking them if they shoot brown people.

18. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 603

The-Real-Deal82

Cases of child molestation in the Christian world is not that uncommon, certainly not in Europe. It's been quite prolific and extensively covered up by both Protestant and Catholic Churches. Women do get mistreated in the Islamic culture too, but what the hell was the point of a question like that aimed at Muslim teenagers?

Are Jews asked if they abuse women? Orthodox Jews are just as oppressive as some muslims so what sort of moronic questionnaire does that religion get in that state?

I find it very shocking some here think this sort of question is perfectly acceptable.

19. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

No it's actually more hushed up in Islamic countries where getting raped gets you put in jail. Stop being clueless.

20. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I agree there. With sharia law, you'll have a harder time being female. That's factual.

http://counterjihad.com/women

21. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Any proof? A source, perhaps? Please?

22. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

23. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

There are plenty to choose from on Google search. When it comes to women's rights in other countries, We've got it pretty good here in the USA. That's coming from me, a previous rape victim.