Belkin FM transmitter with iPhone 4S issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Antidoll, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Antidoll, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011

Antidoll macrumors regular

EDIT: SORRY ITS A GRIFFIN NOT BELKIN!!!

so I was looking to get a stand + charger for my new iPhone and I remembred that I had a Belkin FM transmitter which works perfectly to charge the phone/use it as a stand + play my music!

One issue though, when I first connected it to my phone and I would ask Siri a question, I was able to hear Siri through the ENTIRE car stereo system which was EXTREMELY cool because I was like whoah I can use it as a "bluetooth" to talk on the phone also when driving.

However, for some reason, it doesn't do it anymore... the music plays yes but if I ask Siri a question or call anyone, the sound comes only through the phone's speakers..

anyone knows how to fix this or know of an FM transmitter that can be used like that ?

2. DouglyStyles macrumors newbie

I have the same issue!! I can't find any info, and I may post up a new topic to try to find an answer.

The issue has to do with Siri... I used to do this: turn on car, plug in headset the plug in belkin fm tuner/charger. I could then listen to music through car, but if I wanted to call someone, I could talk through the headset and the audio of the generic voice activation would play through car speakers, but if I was calling someone I would talk to them through the headset... Once Siri came along, I can't use my headset and belkin at the same time... If headset is plugged in, when I hold mic button, Siri both plays and picks up audio from iPhone (not headset) speaker and mic. BUT if I turn Siri off and only use generic voice control, it works fine! What gives!????

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Did this "stop working" around when you updated to 5.1?

4. DouglyStyles macrumors newbie

I haven't updated to 5.1 yet, it started right at IOS5, when Siri first came out

5. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Make sure in your dock/tray, swipe all the way to the left, make sure the airplay button is set to the cable and not the phone. I have had this happen with my car bluetooth, I just have to direct the phone to the output I want to hear it from.

6. DouglyStyles macrumors newbie

I will give this a try and let you know if it solves the issue! Thank you!

7. DouglyStyles macrumors newbie

There was no airplay option available when i scrolled to the far left. All that showed up was the volume icon, which could not be adjusted (because the belkin was plugged in). I attached a pic of what i see. The issue isn't necessarily that the audio wont come through the belkin to my car speakers (that works fine), its that when plugged into the belkin, with headphones attached (or without), Siri plays only through the iPhone speakers, not through the headset or the car speakers. The other, and more annoying issue, is that when I hold the headset button to bring Siri up to make a phone call or something, Siri plays through the iPhone speakers and only picks up audio from the iPhone mic (NOT the headset mic)... This is a pretty major issue considering im driving and because of the distance of the phone form me and the background noise Siri never understands what im saying. Whats the point of having voice activation if you cant use it while driving haha!

As i said before, the odd thing about this whole issue is that if i turn Siri off in settings, so only the regular, original voice command is on, all functionality works again. I listen to music through my car speakers, have my headset plugged in and the headset mic works to make calls etc.

This is seriously frustrating and confusing haha!

Attached Files: