Belkin Grip Candy Sheer Gravel/Blacktop in Verizon Stores

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by docprego, Oct 13, 2012.

1. docprego, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012

docprego macrumors 65816

I've been trying unsuccessfully to find this case in gravel/blacktop locally. I was finding it easily in several other colors. As a last chance I tried a Verizon store and they had 3 in stock. Another Verizon location I tried last night had none. Just a heads up for those looking for this case in that color combination.

2. LyricalMenace macrumors member

Wow thanks for this. I tried to order from Belkin.com and it keeps declining my credit card for no valid reason.

I am going to call some verizon stores in the area tomorrow and try to find this!

3. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

Can you post pics if you get a chance? Hard to tell on belkins website. This is a case I've been eying. Ill check out a Verizon store. Is the gravel color around the band more a charcoal or silver/gray?

4. docprego thread starter macrumors 65816

Definitely very dark on the sides, black would be more accurate. The rear is translucent gray.

Attached Files:

5. ausios macrumors newbie

This is a hard case to find. Someone know how it holds up to scratches or fingerprints? Also, any pics of gravel/blacktop w/ black phone?

6. Christian6809 macrumors newbie

I had to buy this color on ebay because i couldnt find it in any store either

7. blue rocket macrumors 6502

blue rocket

i've been using this case since launch day...it's excellent. not a scratch or scuff on the case...feels great in the hand, awesome tactile feedback. The only gripe I have is that the back is too dark, you aren't able to see the back of the phone. As mentioned, this case is hard to find, i went to about 15 stored with no luck before I tried version, they had 3 or 4 in stock.

I just ordered a SE Tones in black to see how it compares.

8. andrewnguyener macrumors member

I love this case. No fingerprints or residue shows up on it for me. I like that they don't skimp out on the bottom dock and speaker cut outs. This is the best case I've tried out of four. I found it at my local Verizon for $19.99 about a week ago.

9. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

Thanks for the pics! Good to know, I thought the blacktop would have been the sheer back, not the sides, and the gravel was the sides. I guess it's reversed? Any way thanks again! Now on to hunt this one down

10. mscann macrumors member

The one from Verizon and the one from Belkin are 2 different cases. They have 2 different skus. The sides on the belkin are grey, the Verizon sides are black as shown. The backs are slightly different shades also. If you put them next to each other you can see a slight difference

11. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

Wow lol. Do you know if the belkin website one's gray is a dark like charcoal or a light one? Reason I ask is because I'm going for something darker since i've seen the white or light gray sides stain from dark denim.

12. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

I got one with the translucent black back and lime green sides at best buy yesterday. By far the best case I found. Finger prints don't show at all and its significantly thinner than my fiancé's case or my cousin's case. Very nice!

13. brerlappin macrumors member

Which back is better for seeing the black iPhone?

14. mscann macrumors member

^^ The one from belkin.com is like a medium grey, pretty much exactly as the belkin website shows. If you have a target near you there is a regualr grip candy ( non sheer) that is solid black with the same grey sides.

As far as which back is clearer, the answer is neither. You cannot see through the back of either of them. I think it has more to do with the aluminum back of the iphone. All these cases you could see thru with the 4/4s you cannot anymore. I think its the phone more than the cases

15. Myrr macrumors member

16. RTbar macrumors regular

i have a regular, non sheer grip candy in black/ gray from Target. Initially bought to tide me over, but i honestly think its one of the best cases out right now. Minimal, thin, form fitting and cut well... I especially like how the gray sides give the phone a candybar/ ice cream sandwich look (the desert, not the android version). Definitely the "sleeper case" in these forums.

17. brerlappin macrumors member

Thanks! Is one version of the back lighter than the other or are they both pretty much jet black?

18. mscann macrumors member

There is a very small shade difference, but you cant see thru either. If I was to pick Id get the Verizon one because of the black sides its looks sleaker IMO

19. brerlappin macrumors member

Great, thanks!

20. nies macrumors 6502

Anyone have any pics of what the back looks like on a black ip5

21. sd13 macrumors regular

Anyone know where i can find the case shown in the picture? I found a listing on ebay that shows the same color as this picture but the sku# is the same as the belkin version, which is a different color than the one shown here.

22. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

On the 4th Verizon I finally found it. My search for a case has finally came to end. Until the next case lol. But love it. Got the one as pictured with the black sides. Looks awesome on my white iPhone. You can see through it on the back a bit. Probably because of the white behind it.

23. calbearz24 macrumors newbie

calbearz24

Thanks for the tip, hopefully I can find it easily. Loved the feel of this case but didn't like the color combos I found at other stores.