Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigBen2493

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2016
Ok so I’m looking to get an iPhone XS but I’ve never put a screen protector on before since I’ve always got the Otterbox defender cases with the built in screen protectors for my current Iphone Se, so I was interested in the belkin glass one at the Apple store since they will put it on for you, are these belkin ones good cause there are a ton of bad reviews on them? Do they last long? Can they be trusted?

Illmaculate

macrumors member
May 19, 2015
I really like how smooth it is as the oleophobic coating is great.

Everything else is meh.

Edges are kind of sharp (even compared to a $2.80) I get from Daiso.

The reviews are also correct, it randomly chips and cracks...happened to me twice...

That said, if you can afford it and don’t want the hassle of installing it, go for it!

Reactions: BigBen2493

BigBen2493

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2016
I really like how smooth it is as the oleophobic coating is great.

Everything else is meh.

Edges are kind of sharp (even compared to a $2.80) I get from Daiso.

The reviews are also correct, it randomly chips and cracks...happened to me twice...

That said, if you can afford it and don’t want the hassle of installing it, go for it!
How about the other one they sell for 20 the belkin anti glare one?

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
I was looking to get the Belkin SP since I have an Apple store close to me. I figured that Apple would provide a great screen protector to go with their high end phone. The fact that they do the install with a Belkin installation machine pretty much had me sold. But then I saw that the reviews were awful, with lots of screens cracking without the phone being dropped.

I ended up ordering something else after reading that Apple was telling folks they were stuck, since I they didn't warrantee accessories. I was shocked, but several reviewers said the same thing. $40 for a SP with crappy reviews, and Apple won't stand behind the product? No Thanks!!!

I ended up ordering an iCerez off of Amazon. Amazon has a better warrantee/return policy. Their products are cheaper, and often times have much better reviews. I won't buy accessories from Apple when Amazon and others provide better prices and warrentee/return policies. Best Buy also has better warrantee and return policy.

If you want to try the Belkin Roulette, go for it...

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
I had the belkin on my 8. I loved how thin it was. But it was in no way worth £30.

If you can get media devil protectors where you are I’d recommend them at a fraction of the price.

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
Amazon is the way to go. For under $10 you can get 2 or 3 protectors. A lot of them come with the alignment tray so it's near impossible to screw up the install.

Reactions: BrianSoCal

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Belkin Anti-Glare Screen Protection for iPhone X / XS

https://store.apple.com/xc/product/HLR22ZM/A
This one any better than the glass one?
Forget about anti-glare. You've just paid for a premium device with brilliant colours/detail in the screen... don't fuzz up those details with an anti-glare protector...

Anti-glare is pointless these days as screen brightness handles sunlight much better than earlier models.

Do yourself a favour & stick with a crystal clear protector.

I've grown to like the Belkin TemperedCurve - it's smooth like the invisiglass, but has curved edges that feel great.

I only got the TemperedCurve as it was on special, but if I were you, I'd try the much cheaper Icarez first.

cramazing

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2012
I got the Belkin SP from Apple and had them install it. I have to say its very nice and smooth, I've had it for a month now and theres no issues at all, I've drop my phone a couple of times indoors and no problems.

For the record, I did not pay for it, long story short I went in to get my phone replaced and the Apple employee that was working with me noticed I had a screen protector on my old phone and she felt bad that I would have to buy another one so she got it for me for free.

Apple CS two thumbs up!!

BigBen2493

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2016
I got the Belkin SP from Apple and had them install it. I have to say its very nice and smooth, I've had it for a month now and theres no issues at all, I've drop my phone a couple of times indoors and no problems.

For the record, I did not pay for it, long story short I went in to get my phone replaced and the Apple employee that was working with me noticed I had a screen protector on my old phone and she felt bad that I would have to buy another one so she got it for me for free.

Apple CS two thumbs up!!
did you get Anti glare or glass?

Abs_p

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2011
How's it holding up?

Just get the iCarez 2.5D protector. It's just a superior product than Belkin sold at $40. Look up the thread in this forum discussing it.

I have the Belkin one on my iPhone X, got it for free cause they ****ed up about something and offered me a screen protector, it was fine but chipped one day out of nowhere. Replaced it with the iCarez and now using the same one on my XS.

BigBen2493

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2016
Just get the iCarez 2.5D protector. It's just a superior product than Belkin sold at $40. Look up the thread in this forum discussing it.

I have the Belkin one on my iPhone X, got it for free cause they ****ed up about something and offered me a screen protector, it was fine but chipped one day out of nowhere. Replaced it with the iCarez and now using the same one on my XS.
Link to that thread?

BigBen2493

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2016

How did they **** it up?

Abs_p

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2011
How did they **** it up?

Well they ****ed up something else. Basically accused me of stealing a phone for something that was an error on their side. I basically complained to corporate and they hmm.. yea, had to do me a few favors and this was one of them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.