Ben Carson: #BlackLivesMatter misfire

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by haxrnick, Aug 25, 2015.

1. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

An excellent piece from an excellent human being. It's too bad he's too good of a person to actually win this.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...matter-sanders-clinton-anger-column/32055507/

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I'd love to see him get elected. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

3. citizenzen macrumors 65816

How about getting congress to pass a jobs bill that will put more black Americans to work?

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

pray/say/tell HOW do you accomplish that w/oi discriminating against others?

#jobsforeverone
    #TPPisshippingthelastofthejobsthanksObama
    #wouldyoulikefrieswithyourorder
    #minimumskillsequalsminimumwage
    #2wrongsdon'tmakearight
    #thereissucjathingasearningyourjob

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

By focusing on the inner city. Anybody living there would be included.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

sounds interesting, tell me more, what is the GOVT going to do? tax cuts or tax incentives for CO's who hire.

7. stroked Suspended

stroked

So anyone in the rural areas should be ignored?

I agree. I think he would make an excellent leader.
    Carson/Cruz or Cruz/Carson

8. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'm pretty sure that provisions could be made to include rural residents as well.

That shouldn't be too complicated for congress to figure out.

Wait a minute. What am I saying?

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marilyn-katz/as-nabisco-ships-600-jobs_b_7935582.html

THE GOVT does not "create" jobs, they would have the power to make incentives to keep the companies here.
    Obamas TPP will make for more cities like Detroit, thanks Obama.

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

we are 17 trillion in debt. I think you are dreaming if you think the GOVT cares. TPP is proof Obama does not care. Hillary does not care either.

12. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

I'm not sure which is more far-fetched, the idea of a woman or a black man winning the GOP nomination :D

13. citizenzen macrumors 65816

So what's your plan for improving black employment?

When Carson says we need to do something about the problem, what exactly is he proposing to do?

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

employment for EVERYONE would be a better goal . getting rid of TPP would be a step, increasing the import tariffs would be another. it is hard to be employed when all the CO's are moving over seas.

15. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Meh. Carson is one of those people who can say two smart things and one dumb thing almost at the same time.

On the border last week, he declared reasonably that a fence wouldn't stop him from coming into the United States, but later declared that the military should use armed Predator drones to attack caves in the United States. (Though it wasn't clear to anyone, Carson apparently meant that we should just use Hellfire missiles against caves and not actually against people).

(Carson also thought that just because he didn't see Border Patrol agents that afternoon, they weren't there, showing a lack of understanding about border infrastructure and surveillance.)

In this piece, he does something similar.

Alright. But, then he advocates abandoning the public school system in favor of the charter system. A good view of the charter school system would show a system that wrings profit while failing to succeed in any of the goals the system should meet.

Then, he blames the entertainment industry. An old-school bailiwick that has nothing to do with the problem. If so, his paragraph above is false. But, people aren't killing each other because of NWA.

Then, note the rhetorical shift. Go to city hall. (To do what? No idea.)
    Go to Washington. (To do what? I dunno'. Dig up LBJ and yell at his corpse?)
    Go to the Democrats. (No to public housing, and failing public schools, we want job training.)
    Go to the Republicans. (To do what? Communicate.)

So, let's see. Among 856 words, two actual ideas: job training and charter schools.

The rest is a partisan mishmash that tries to shove BLM under the rug in favor of stock Republicanism.

16. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Great. Propose policy that will achieve it. Otherwise, you have only aspirations.

What do you (or Carson) propose to actually achieve higher employment?

17. stroked Suspended

stroked

This should free up some jobs.

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Ben_Carson_Immigration.htm
    Carson called for common-sense solutions to end government overreach and return America to traditional values. He spoke at relative length on immigration, calling for harsher penalties for those who employ undocumented immigrants and better border security. Carson also called on the U.S. to adopt a version of Canada's guest worker program, requiring those seeking work to apply while they live outside the U.S.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

try reading the rest of the post . you seemed to have missed.

we also have
    http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/International-Taxpayers/Expatriation-Tax

, how about we give those CO's who are leaving the U.S a parting shot?

19. citizenzen macrumors 65816

TPP hasn't even taken effect, so getting rid of it wouldn't change the decades-long problem of black unemployment.

Likewise, black unemployment has been much higher than for whites well before industry was lost to cheaper, foreign labor, so I have little reason to believe your tariff plan would change much.

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

kill it before it starts. NAFTA did the damage, no reason to let TPP do damage as well.
    What are your suggestions?

21. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Personally I'd rather be shoved under a rug than thrown under the bus. You would probably be no worse off than being a little dusty, and at worst rug-burned. Under a bus you'd probably be dead.

22. mudslag, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015

mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Ah yes the man who admitted to almost killing a guy for for pissing Ben off, truly an excellent human being.

I do love his biblical tax plan
    /s

I do find solace in knowing some of these people truly don't stand a chance, Carson is one of them.

23. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

so what is the root cause of 'black unemployment' in america anyway?

24. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Not enough access to free education and after school programs to provide kids with a rich learning experience while also cultivating extracurricular activities and interests. Maybe also not a strong support system at home; one that preaches education above everything else. Just talking generally here. I'm sure there's a lot more socioeconomic stuff too. That would be my guess.

25. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

I tought the free education in america was the same for everybody these days. Is it not?