Ben Carson endorses Donald Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by XrayTed, Mar 10, 2016.

1. XrayTed macrumors regular

XrayTed

Not exactly huge, but adds to Trumps momentum.
    Considering Carson placed ahead of Rubio is most primaries, this could give him an edge in the looming battles with Cruz.
    Doubt if it will have any effect on the black vote, they are pretty much in the pocket of Hillary, so she is pretty much free to pander to "latinos" as her big hope for victory.

Ben Carson has decided to endorse Republican frontrunner Donald Trump and will officially do so on Friday morning in an appearance with Trump in Palm Beach, Fla., Yahoo News has learned.

The endorsement may come as a surprise to many of Carson’s supporters, since the mild-mannered, deeply religious Carson is a vivid contrast to Trump in terms of style and values.

But a Carson adviser said that the retired neurosurgeon — who for a short time last fall led the field of Republican presidential candidates — sees Trump as the only candidate remaining who is not part of what he often called “the political class.”

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/ben-carson-endorses-donald-trump-013844043.html

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

it is like giving beer to a drunk it adds momentum stumbling around makes no sense momentum.

3. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Carson just wants in on the action, but too bad for him Trump's love is first come first served. image.jpeg

4. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

The man who thinks pyramids are grain silos is endorsing Trump? Well, okay then.

5. FieldingMellish, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016

FieldingMellish Suspended

Carson is the storybook that Biden had assigned Obama way back when, except Biden did so in an unsavory manner and for a middle class pampered Obama. Carson, as storybook, rose up out of a poor single-parent environment in the Democratically led for 50 years ghetto that is Detroit.

Carson's meteoric rise and success, and backing Trump who will create jobs, and who will help limit job competition to legal US residents that include blacks, will galvanize impoverished denizens to cast off victimhood, take the high road and look towards developing their lot in life with Carson as role model.

Self-sufficient blacks are the last thing the Democratic Party wants or needs. So the pushback of a Carson-backed Trump will be extreme. Watch out for Democratic hatred writ large.

6. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

A bully is gonna make people not victims huh?

7. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

If only it were so - I get the feeling that most blacks despise him as an Uncle Tom Cracker Lover. They will vote for whoever panders to them the most, right now there is no contest who that is, he is not about to galvanize diddly squat.

You may be right about the "self sufficient" part, and that will be the tiny 3% or so who actually do not vote for Hillary.

8. 1458279 Suspended

You're right, because it's clear that Carson has no moral foundation and is the iconic "jump in front of the camera" attention getter that was only looking for more spotlight time. He's always been a loud mouth bragger that acts like a child trying to get attention. Good personality read.:rolleyes:

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Carson endorsing Trump? YOu guys told me he was going to be our next PResident.

And the clown show continues.

Trump. "I am happy to accept the endorsement of the guy I likened to a child molester."

Carson. " I'm the most conservative candidate who was running so I'm endorsing the guy who is the least conservative because the most conservative guy told a lie that made me madder than the **** Trump said about me."

10. FieldingMellish Suspended

Yes, I do understand that Trump plus Carson is a double-threat.

Trump, for all the months he’s remained standing despite the hate coming from both sides of the aisle, only increasing in volume and frequency as Trump gains in appreciative audience and votes. Carson, for his life of service healing the sick, having risen out of a ghetto by his own drive and study.

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yes, I'm terrified of a guy who was the GOP front runner for 13 minutes. :rolleyes:

Ben Carson deserves kudos for rising above the poverty he experienced as a youth living in public housing, eating better with food stamps and for becoming a world class neurosurgeon with the help of grants and scholarships. He is the epitome of the self made man.

12. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

What Primary results were you looking at? He came in below Rubio in every single one. The best he got was 4th in a few states, and Rubio did better than 4th in all of those states. He did better than Kasich in quite a few states, but those were ones where they were both very low.

Carson has done a lot of good through his medical work, but he got where he was with a lot of help from government safety net programs.

I'm guessing he's endorsing Trump in exchange for being offered some position in the government, possibly surgeon general, or maybe VP so Trump can say he isn't racist since he has a black man as his VP.

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I know they like to rewrite history but they usually wait more than a few weeks to do so.

14. FieldingMellish Suspended

For which the lily white Democratic field hasn't even bothered with this election season.

15. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

See, I always knew there was something out of kilter with Carson...

Laugh out loud worthy, but should'nt he be laying back?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 11, 2016 ---
    Feeding the lies- theft, lies, graft, corruption, criminality. Too bad cartoons don't require some standard other than partisan dung when they push slanderous allegations as truth.

16. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

They make rocks that sound more intelligent when speaking than Ben Carson does.

It blows my mind every time I hear this guy speak that he was actually allowed to perform brain surgery. Guy sounds like he could barely even operate a spoon.

17. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

18. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

19. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

the devil works in mysterious ways.

20. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Ben Carson better hope he doesn't find himself in a Trump rally crowd. I fear what the racists might do to him.

21. 1458279 Suspended

And yet he did... Doesn't that say more about you than it does him? Consider: there's verifiable proof that he's done brain surgery, yet you don't have the ability to understand that. Accurate self reflection is one of the hardest things for a human to do.

22. FieldingMellish Suspended

I don’t mind reading opprobrium if it’s done with clever wit and perhaps makes a deft connection that gives one pause to ponder. But anti-Carson comments being made here are blunt and course, perhaps out of anxiety to post something negative; anything negative. So poor, it’s discourteous to the audience.

23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yes, when I want a lesson on being courteous, you're the first person that comes to mind.

24. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Heh. Carson's done more than his fair share to make himself look like a complete bafoon.

But hey, maybe he's just one of those people that's really intelligent in the one specific field they specialize in and completely lack common sense or intelligence in just about everything else. You see this a lot in academia, especially.

Doesn't mean I would let him near anyone I knew with any sharp objects though.