Ben Carson Says Donald Trump Could Consider Democrat for Running Mate

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
Obama had surprisingly picked republicans, some of which were admittedly good choices, so it's fascinating that Trump is reaching out to Democrats.

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
I can't imagine some Democrat taking the job after the things Trump has said, but if one did, how would that make the Republican Trump supporters here feel? Would it make you feel less good about Trump because he went with some awful liberal?

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Are you under the impression that there are no conservative (or moderate) Democrats?
I'm under the impression no Democrat would want to be linked to a guy who labels large numbers of Hispanics as rapists, talks negatively about women's looks and where they bleed from, mocks the disabled, gets his news from the national enquirer and gives interviews to conspiracy theorists.

CalWizrd

Suspended
Jun 21, 2011
NYC/Raleigh, NC
I'm under the impression no Democrat would want to be linked to a guy who labels large numbers of Hispanics as rapists, talks negatively about women's looks and where they bleed from, mocks the disabled, gets his news from the national enquirer and gives interviews to conspiracy theorists.
Oh, sorry. I guess I misread, or misunderstood this very complex question...

"Would it make you feel less good about Trump because he went with some awful liberal?"

Robisan

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2014
I've heard Jim Webb's name floated. Probably palatable to the GOP and scots-irish ***hole enough to fit Trump's aggrieved white man political positioning.

CalWizrd

Suspended
Jun 21, 2011
NYC/Raleigh, NC
Of which no one has bothered to answer yet.
Talk about squirming away from a simple point!

You made the obvious assumption that if Trump picked a Democrat as a running mate, that that individual would be a liberal. I simply asked you if you thought all Democrats were liberal by default, or if you would accept the fact that there are some conservative or moderate Democrats.

You've been sliding around answering that simple query since.

Reactions: jkcerda

Dmunjal

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
Yeah, because being politically correct is the most important requirement in a President. /s

BTW, more than 60000 registered Democrats in Pennsylvania that switched to Republican to vote for Trump.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/news/politics/4016904-more-60000-disgruntled-pennsylvania-democrats-switch-parties

AlliFlowers

Contributor
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Trump's kids never switched parties, so he could still conceivably choose one of them as his running mate and be choosing a Democrat.

But someone still needs to tell him that once he's done this, he can't just fire his veep.

edk99

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2009
FL
Does it really matter. The people that voted for Obama did not vote for him because of Joe Biden nor did the people that voted for Romney because he picked Ryan.

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Talk about squirming away from a simple point!

You made the obvious assumption that if Trump picked a Democrat as a running mate, that that individual would be a liberal. I simply asked you if you thought all Democrats were liberal by default, or if you would accept the fact that there are some conservative or moderate Democrats.

You've been sliding around answering that simple query since.
Sliding around? You attempted to change my question. It's not the question asked. By very definition, democrats are more liberal than Republicans. Which is why many Republicans refer to Democrats as "Democraps" and other assorted names I will not reprint here. Thus your attempt to move the goalpost fails epicly.

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
Trump has already refuted Carson's comments and stated he will select a Republican running mate.

Reactions: satcomer

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
BTW, more than 60000 registered Democrats in Pennsylvania that switched to Republican to vote for Trump.
My question didn't ask what Democrats thought about Trump. It asked about how Republicans would feel about having a Democrat as Trump's running mate.

Funny how so many are having difficulty answering that question.