Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Strictly speaking that's 300 pictures of bent phones, which may or may not actually represent 300 bent phones.

Just sayin... ;)

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Yeah, it's just the 9 phones that bent in 300 different photographs.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I'm still part of the 10,000,000+.

Did all 300 contact Apple about the problem? After all, at the time, Apple said that nine customers had contacted the company about the problem, not that there were only nine instances of bending.

Last edited:

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
LOL gotta admire the site URL.

I shouldn't be laughing though, my 6+ gets delivered at the end of the week and I'd be a little upset if it was bent...

Will most definitely post pictures and bitch about it though :p

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
Well, the new iPhones have been out for, what? Forty some days now. And someone was able to scour the Internet and fine 300 pictures of bent phones.

Doesn't this pretty much show there's not really a bending issue? I realize there are more than 300 bent phones, probably a lot more. But 300 or 3000 or even 30000 is such a tiny percentage of the phones out there. If there was some kind of fundamental issue we'd be swimming in them by now.

Unless something changes, this wil probably be the last gasp of bendgate, I imagine. They took their best shot, and, well, there wasn't much there.

WestonHarvey1

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2007
Quite a few of these people are pretty much claiming these things bent all by themselves. Some are bent right out of the box or were never placed in a pocket of any sort and were "babied"... I see that word a lot...

The guy running the site finally got one himself, and claims his bent after 2 days pretty much all by itself.

stasha

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2014
Montréal
Bendgate is supposed to stop the selling of iphones 6 and plus,but it still sell like crazy....

Something out of topic now i was reading something it was a korean economist or something saying that samsung couldnt fight apple anymore since iphone has big screen he said the only way for samsung now is to cut half the price of all their device, and the note 4 was released in panic before the official release date..

Allthings-I

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
One pic is even of a display phone at a Store because the safety cable is attached to it lol...well those 300 pics don't represent 300 different phones because many pics look alike (were talking about iPhone color and background of the pic).

Its sad people have nothing better to exploit apple's success.

Many were probably bent for the sake of "does it bend?"

Oh well, haters going to hate.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
LOL gotta admire the site URL.

I shouldn't be laughing though, my 6+ gets delivered at the end of the week and I'd be a little upset if it was bent...

Will most definitely post pictures and bitch about it though :p

And the FUD spreaders have you exactly where they want you. And why would you need to come back here and "bitch" if you got a bent one? Just deal with Apple directly. It's not like they come here and read your post. Seems like some people are more interested in putting Apple on blast than to truly help others and help themselves.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
And the FUD spreaders have you exactly where they want you. And why would you need to come back here and "bitch" if you got a bent one? Just deal with Apple directly. It's not like they come here and read your post. Seems like some people are more interested in putting Apple on blast than to truly help others and help themselves.

I'm sorry did I hurt your feelings or something? My entire post was tongue-in-cheek.

Jeez.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.