Benefits of pre-ordering 5s between Apple or Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kevsta26, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Kevsta26 macrumors 6502a

are there any benefits between the two? Such as getting the phone fast from Verizon than Apple, or vise-versa? I would just like to know who has the best pre-orders :)

2. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

I'm not sure about Apple's shipping times, but with Verizon you are guaranteed to get it Saturday if you pay "overnight Saturday shipping" for $15 and order early :) Plus, gold! Lots of stores don't have it (well Apple store does, but ya know.)

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

For the iPhone 5, I ordered from Verizon. First time, normally order through Apple.

Verizon didn't give me the option to ship the phone any place other than the billing address. Apple would always let me ship to my office.

Also, I found Verizon's website for following up on the order to be more cumbersome to get through than Apple's.

IIRC, I went through Verizon's website because they were still able to deliver the quickest. At that time, Apple's website had sold out of the first batch of iPhones, and the est. delivery date was like a week after Verizon could deliver.

4. Kevsta26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'll probably order from Verizon, I just hope I have enough time to get through the website and ordering process before they like run out of stock or something :eek:

Well i'll be refreshing the site constantly at 3 AM Eastern so I'll certainly be ordering early, and I'm getting Gold, as well :)