Bento® syncing with iCal and Address Book?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bluedoggiant, Feb 24, 2008.

1. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

So I bought Bento, and I think its a great app, though I have one question. I know Bento can import iCal and Address Book contacts, events and stuff, but for example i make a change to a contact in Bento, will it make the change in Address Book as well, do they actually "sync"?

2. pixelhaus macrumors newbie

Yes, it will make the change in ical, address book etc as it is pulling the data directly out the apps.

3. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Ok, I decided to keep address book and ical for what they are, and not use bento for them, I'll use bento for my other stuff, like putting in my siwmming records, home inventory, etc.

4. scr1968 macrumors regular

Right...as the previous poster mentioned, Bento doesn't really sync per se - it is changing data on the fly.

Once you see the table view of your contacts in Bento it is hard not to have it link up with your Address Book and iCal information. The Table view is super useful.

SCR

5. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Well I'l think about it. I'm not a regular Bento® user, We got a family pack, and, well, I installed it on my machine as well