Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DW78

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2014
I'm finding it hard to convert an old Bento database (4.1.2) to FileMaker Pro 12 v4. I keep getting an error message when trying to convert (Import Records, Bento Data Source): "You must have Bento 2 (or a later supported version) installed on this computer." (Filemaker is open, Bento is closed)

When Bento is open, together with FileMaker, the following error message comes up: "The Bento application is in use, quit Bento and try the import again."

Any ideas anyone?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
If you cannot import the database, then export the bento database as CSV or some other format.

What version of Bento are you using, since FMP is giving you that message?

As for trying the import with Bento open, that makes perfect sense. You cannot import something that will be changing and the app has the file locked.

DW78

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2014
Using Bento 4.1.2
I was hoping to be able to import the design as well.
Thanks for the tip.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
That's the latest version. I was able to import my Bento DB into FMP version 12, though I don't recall if I cared about the designs/layouts or just the data.

I know I completely redid the screen layouts and because FMP is a relational DB and I was able to better organize my tables.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.