Berger forfeits law license

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by obeygiant, May 17, 2007.

1. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

washington times

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

OMG! Was that (gasp) an apology I just read? Wow- neocons take notes! ;) That said, He still deserves to lose his license.

3. obeygiant thread starter macrumors 68040

obeygiant

4. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

He gives up the "right" to pay bar dues and (depending on where he was barred) other fees and CLE expenses? After all the hard work that he has done over the last 15 years in developing his legal practice, I pity the man.

5. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Lol! I had the same thought when I read the article.

Too bad we'll never truly know what he smuggled out and what was destroyed. Why do I feel what was on those documents would reflect poorly on someone that would like to be in the Whitehouse?

This guy took one for the team, that's for sure. I wonder if it was worth it.

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

If only you would apply this level of skepticism to ALL administrations.

Yep, looks like a crime so it must be worse than it even appears on the surface if it's a Clinton appointee, but if it's a Bushite all we here from you is "nothing to see here, move along" despite the whiff of scandal being all around.

Your partisan bias is showing loud and clear here.

7. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Honestly, I'd be just as hard on anyone smuggling classified documents out in his underwear and socks no matter what the administration. I'm dying to know what was important enough to justify this stunt though. Inquiring minds want to know.

8. obeygiant thread starter macrumors 68040

obeygiant

You mean Hillary?

It probably was.

9. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

No documents were smuggled out of the archives in socks or underwear. This part of the story is untrue. No original documents were destroyed, only copies, so it was never a case of "not knowing" what document he removed.

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Aw come on, why let facts get in the way of a perfectly good HRC smear?

11. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

No you wouldn't, because you aren't.

Sandy's guilty. Glad he got caught. Hope he gets punished even more, but happy he's gotten some punishment already. Wish the same standard was held to the neocons, some of whom are still defending Libby, Coulter's voter fraud/tax evasion, Delays ethics violations, Wolfowitz's gf, Gonzales' firings for political reasons, Rove and the missing emails, about a billion other things...

Hope you're not looking for anyone to defend him, or even Hillary who hasn't been proven to be involved, because you won't get it, because we aren't partisan hacks like some other people here.

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yes, they do.

But when I argue that inquiring minds want to know why dozens of prosecutors were fired who just happened to be in battlefield states and not bringing sufficient charges against Democrats, suddenly you lose interest.

Or when I say that I'm dying to know what went on at Cheney's secret energy task force meetings -- held with now-known criminals -- your "inquiring mind" loses interest.

When I want to know who sent the goon squad to the bedside of a sick AG to pressure him to reverse his decision about the legality of a domestic spying program, you shrug it off with a "well if you've nothing to hide".

Same with every other Bush scandal. You are so partisan you can't even see the double standard you spew forth.