Bernie Sanders Just Accused Hillary Clinton

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
of Violating Campaign Finance Laws

The Bernie Sanders campaign issued a blistering statement accusing Hillary Clinton’s campaign of circumventing federal campaign finance regulations.

In an official letter to Debbie Wasserman Schultz, chair of the Democratic National Committee (DNC), Sanders’ campaign attorney Brad C. Deutsch accused the Hillary Clinton campaign of using a joint fundraising committee to skirt campaign finance regulations. As Politico reported this weekend, the Hillary Victory Fund (HVF), which was designed to be a joint fundraising effort between the Clinton campaign and the DNC to help Democrats win down-ticket races, is unloading unusually large amounts of cash to Hillary for America (HFA) — Hillary Clinton’s official campaign account.

Deutsch pointed out that the money disbursed by the Hillary Victory Fund is disproportionately benefiting the Clinton campaign, rather than the Democratic Party as a whole:
http://usuncut.com/politics/bernie-hillary-campaign-finance/.

sadly , her supporters don't care, the ends justify the means.

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
The current campaign finance system is ridiculous and this little event just proves it.

From Politico:

The fund comprises Clinton’s presidential campaign committee, as well as the Democratic National Committee and 32 state party committees. As a result, it can accept checks as large as $358,000 per person — a total determined by the maximum donation to each of its component committees ($5,400 to the Clinton campaign, $33,400 to the DNC and $10,000 to each of the state parties).

The idea is that the committee will help the state parties raise money for their general election efforts, an area where Clinton’s allies argue that her insurgent rival for the Democratic presidential nomination Bernie Sanders has done little. Sanders has a joint fundraising committee, as well, but it has been relatively inactive.

Yet, during the first three months of the year, the $2 million transferred by the Hillary Victory Fund to various state party committees paled in comparison to the $9.5 million it transferred to Clinton’s campaign committee or the $3.5 million it transferred to the DNC.
What. The. Ever-loving. Hell.

aaronvan

Suspended
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
To hell with Bernie. I'm tired of that wild-eyed, arm-flapping, finger-waving old geezer who never held a real job in his life. He's a corned-beef sandwich left in the sun. He's a bottle of seltzer gone flat. He's a mushy matzo ball that fell off the table and rolled all the way to Flatbush. He tried to take the "high road" against Hillary; instead of putting his boot on her neck and stabbing her in the eyeballs we got spittle-flecked self-righteousness from an old Communist who in 24+ years in Congress never passed a single piece of legislation.

Flying off to the Vatican to corner the Pope in the men's room when he should have been campaigning his ass off in New York was the last straw. Hillary will mop the floor with him tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: hulugu

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
To hell with Bernie. I'm tired of that wild-eyed, arm-flapping, finger-waving old geezer who never held a real job in his life. He's a corned-beef sandwich left in the sun. He's a bottle of seltzer gone flat. He's a mushy matzo ball that fell off the table and rolled all the way to Flatbush. He tried to take the "high road" against Hillary; instead of putting his boot on her neck and stabbing her in the eyeballs we got spittle-flecked self-righteousness from an old Communist who in 24+ years in Congress never passed a single piece of legislation.

Flying off to the Vatican to corner the Pope in the men's room when he should have been campaigning his ass off in New York was the last straw. Hillary will mop the floor with him tomorrow.
Sad but true

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX

A little harsh. I'm no Sanders die-hard, but not "putting his boot on her neck and sobbing her in the eyeballs" seems ethically commendable, if not ultimately pragmatic. People bitch and moan about the broken system of Politics here in the US, and Sanders is decidedly operating out of the norms, but he's reduced in your eyes to a "old geezer"? Come on...

Reactions: Dekema2

aaronvan

Suspended
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
A little harsh. I'm no Sanders die-hard, but not "putting his boot on her neck and sobbing her in the eyeballs" seems ethically commendable...
Literalism & rhetoric. There is a difference.

Bernie isn't in it to win it. He played us all for suckers. In fact, I suspect he is a DNC shill placed there so Hillary wouldn't get too complacent.

Reactions: jkcerda and thewap

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX

Bernie isn't in it to win it. He played us all for suckers. In fact, I suspect he is a DNC shill placed there so Hillary wouldn't get too complacent.
Well, I haven't heard that angle before...makes my recent thread a little ironic

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003

But what of this coronation you spoke about for months on end?

Reactions: Dekema2 and hulugu

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
who never held a real job in his life.
Define real. ;) Like "Any job that can be offshored or automated, while we give corporate welfare to the company doing that?"

He tried to take the "high road" against Hillary;
She got tired of him. He got tired of her. I'm surprised he's not mentioned various issues yet. Then again, in not doing so equally suggests those issues of the past are no longer relevant. Then again, he's exaggerated on some of those issues as well. Or considering the end result, what at face value that might have come across as exaggeration isn't as loaded as initially fathomed.

It depends on the issue. Those who've read up might know what I might mean. ;)

instead of putting his boot on her neck and stabbing her in the eyeballs we got spittle-flecked self-righteousness from an old Communist who in 24+ years in Congress never passed a single piece of legislation.
That's because too many, especially the GOP- and blue dog-dominated congresses preferred more giveaways to the corporate sector. I'm amazed Bernie hasn't bothered saying that, so maybe you have a point. Just for grossly the wrong reason.

He's a corned-beef sandwich left in the sun. He's a bottle of seltzer gone flat.
Go eat something, you'll feel better.

He's a mushy matzo ball that fell off the table and rolled all the way to Flatbush.
Eat some more if you're so fixated.

Awww, you still upset because of Larry Craig, David Vitter, New Gingrich and the rest in your party o' so-called "family values" and then decided to baselessly accuse Bernie of being the same.

I saw you at a bar. Maybe you were in the men's room too. See, it's so easy that anyone can do it.

To hell with Bernie.
Hell is a Christian construct. What if he's not Christian, also making note of what un-Christian things some politicians that claim to be Christian have done, in which case he's not going there...

I'm tired of that wild-eyed, arm-flapping, finger-waving old geezer
I'm sure he's tired of you too. He's more likely going to care about your well-being, even if he doesn't agree with you.
[doublepost=1461067440][/doublepost]

That is just as ludicrous as saying "Clinton and Trump were friends, as are their kids, so it must be all one big conspiracy." or "Sanders isn't even a real Democrat despite the title, he is an Independent so he can't be a Democrat" (which plenty of people have said...)

Last edited:
Reactions: redbeard331

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013

Very sad but kinda true.

That's why we need to get behind Trump.

He is the crazy mother****er we need to put an end to the Bushs, Clintons, Obamas and their Saudi sponsors.
[doublepost=1461070164][/doublepost]
Means nothing. She is above the law.
She's a thug of the highest order.

She started wars, tried to hollow out the constitution and commited treason in multiple ways.

Her personal adviser and closest confidant is saudi operative Huma Abedin for **** sake!!

Everyone voting for her is an accomplice!

Last edited:

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump

Hah. This is a nicely written bit of fury.

Reactions: jkcerda

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Very sad but kinda true.

That's why we need to get behind Trump.

He is the crazy mother****er we need to put an end to the Bushs, Clintons, Obamas and their Saudi sponsors.
Um no. The last thing you want controlling armies and nuclear missiles (not to mention economy, Supreme Court picks and foreign policy) is a "crazy mother****er". We need stability, not chaos and ignorance.

A company wouldn't interview someone, determine they were a little crazy, had little knowledge of the subject, said things that would rile up any HR department, and then still give them the job! Neither should a country. You don't throw out the baby with the bath water. The choices are not that good this time around, that is true. But that doesn't mean you go for the most extreme. The office of the President requires diplomacy. Donald Trump doesn't have a diplomatic bone in his body. Thus he is does not meet the job requirements and is unqualified. Sorry. Next applicant.