Bernie sues DNC ? - voter data breach

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thewap, Mar 4, 2016.

1. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

3. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Catch up with actual news and stop trolling the conspiracy sites.

The "breach" was found to be meaningless and the issue was resolved more than two months ago. Sanders was given full access to the database again and we moved on...back in December.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Mundane Matt ought to stick to video game videos.

5. Robisan macrumors 6502

Video published on Published on Dec 18, 2015.

Just another sad, pathetic attempt by the OP to stir up a nothing-burger.

6. jerwin macrumors 65816

Wouldn't that just reinforce the tyranny of the lamestream media?

7. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

You betcha!

[​IMG]

8. thewap, Mar 4, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2016

thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/18/polit...ratic-national-committee-civil-war/index.html

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...ign-sues-dnc-over-clinton-data-breach-n482941
    --- Post Merged, Mar 4, 2016 ---
    filed 3 months ago. Do you actually know how long lawsuits take? If resolved out of court, please provide link to back up your statement of *nothing-burger*. - thank you.
    Please provide link that the lawsuit was ended.- thank you
    Article dated 1.8.16

As of Dec. 21, the DNC was given three weeks to respond to the suit, which was filed after the Committee shut down the campaign’s access to crucial voter data in response to Sanders’s campaign admission that staffers had viewed data belonging to his opponent, Hillary Clinton.

And while the main cause of the lawsuit has been settled as access has been granted back to Sanders’s campaign, the question of damages—an exorbitant requested $600,000 a day—has not been resolved.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/01/06/bernie-sanders-s-dnc-lawsuit-no-one-s-heard-of.html

9. Robisan macrumors 6502

Moonie Times:

Sen. Bernard Sanders told a federal court Friday he does not intend to pursue his lawsuit against the Democratic National Committee over his access to voter data files — but he kept the case open anyway, just in case the DNC backslides.

~~~

The case had languished with Mr. Sanders never serving papers on the DNC, and Judge Tanya S. Chutkan earlier this week demanded Mr. Sanders make his intentions known.​

An unpursued suit where papers haven't even been served is not a civil war, it's nothing burger.

10. thewap, Mar 4, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2016

thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

The lawsuit has been filed. Please substantiate your claim that it wasn't, and substantiate your other post that the lawsuit has been withdrawn.

Jeff Weaver, Bernie Sanders’ campaign manager told the media that they are working with the DNC to ‘resolve issues’ and ensure data security.

Weaver said that the lawsuit had not been withdrawn.

http://berniepost.com/2016/01/sanders-dnc-lawsuit-ongoing/

Something you ommited in your last post:
    The Federal Rules of Civil Procedure give Mr. Sanders up to 90 days to serve notice of his complaint on the DNC.

If you need explanation (which you obviously do) the lawsuit was filed. Bernie has 90 days until he serves the papers if not resolved. You are making posts with no basis of fact in your
    mis-characterization of my posts.

11. Robisan macrumors 6502

Please show where I made either of these claims.

12. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Please retract your allegations of my post.

This thread is about Bernie suing the DNC- which has been filed and not retracted , with 90 days to serve the papers to the DNC.

13. Robisan macrumors 6502

I stand by my opinion - an unpursued suit where papers haven't even been served is not a civil war, it's nothing burger.

14. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Then I stand in my opinion of your pathetic attempt to smear the character of my posts.

15. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Tyranny? If I ran a mainstream news organization, I'd be honored if she'd be on my staff!