Bernie's degrading kissing of the Queen's ass was nauseating!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Jul 25, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

A disgusting display of self-abasement. At least Cruz had the stones to give Trump the middle finger.

2. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

I wasn't a supporter, but I thought he'd be stronger than this.

3. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

On CNN, a distinct lack of enthusiasm in the after-interviews. Plus, Bernie's speech was as negative as anything Trump ever gave.

4. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

:p:p:p:p:p:p

Oh...gotta breathe...it's too much...the hilarity.

I mean, I thought there'd be nothing funnier than Cruz taking a dump onstage at The Donald Show...now, watching Trumpsters see how party unity is REALLY accomplished... :cool:

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Breathe aaronvan...breathe. You are running the risk of incurring some sort of health incident with all the hysteria.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 25, 2016 ---
    Funny comments. "I'm going to Jill Stein". Yeah that'll show them when the progressive policies Bernie negotiated are sitting in a trash bin with a Trump presidency.

There are a lot of people who just don't seem to think things through further than the end of their toes. Shortsighted to the extreme.

You think you have problems now with a lack of enough progressive policies in a Clinton presidency? Just wait for a Trump one. He won't be making deals with Bernie to insert more progressive policies into the Republican platform I assure you.

6. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

it was a great speech actually. just not the hillary part i agree. but the speech was awesome

7. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Bernie was showing class and maturity. Seems like some Bernie Bots can't deal with reality.

"We love you Bernie, but only if you keep feeding us a fantasy"

8. dotnet macrumors 6502a

dotnet

He told Americans to choose gonorrhoea over cholera. Kind of an obvious choice, isn't it? There is a bigger game afoot right now.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Love is gone

10. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Well the first president Clinton probably gave a lot of women gonorrhoea so it is a fitting anology.

11. Zenithal macrumors 68040

I'm not sure what's more strange. People thinking he had a chance or the absolute bitchiness of butt-hurt Bernie supporters.

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

You guys will be the ones hurting come November

13. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

yeah how dare he try and run for president in the country he lives and who he has served for? who the **** does this guy think he is? he should just get in line and anoint someone with a blindfold. give me a ****ing break

even if that anointed person was crystal clean, having people run gives the public choice. why do staunch hillary supporters hate democracy? (hehe)

14. Zenithal macrumors 68040

I wouldn't know. I'm not a fan of the Clintons.

15. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

There is only a 50/50 chance of "us guys" (Trump OR Hillary supporters) hurting in November. You on the other hand have a 100% chance of hurting in November with your go nowhere third party vote. Thus I'd rather be me than you. :p

16. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Nah, he lives in California. Third party is the right answer as Clinton will win anyway.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 26, 2016 ---
    Because you live in a country that uses first past the post. Outside of safe seats you have to vote for the most plausible candidate otherwise you waste your vote.

17. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

So, to be a pragmatist is not preferable to jockeying-for-position in 2020? Got it.

18. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I think you missed my point. No matter what 3rd party he votes for, they will not win and thus it's a 100% chance of loss for his candidate on election night. Anyone who votes in the two major parties on the other hand, have a rough 50/50 chance of either being happy or unhappy election night.

19. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

this is not a football game. It's not a matter of picking a candidate in order to be happy if he/she wins. You should pick them based on their policies. I can understand voting for HRC in order to avoid Trump, but picking her simply because she will win (hypothetically) doesn't make any democratic sense.

20. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

So, a Presidential election is a vote for who you want to lead the next four years. Thus, the goal is to win. Not just symbolically put your vote on a piece of paper just for the hell of it. The goal and purpose it to actually get across the finish line. A third party candidate will not be doing that. And @jkcerda will not be happy.

21. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I'd rather not be happy and had my say than not be happy and voted for the lesser of the evils

22. Zenithal macrumors 68040

I've never supported third party. This election, much like the last one, is a joke. I support any post-elected president that rolls back regulation in the financial sector.

23. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Well actually, no.

You should make your choices based on not just the candidates expressed policies; but also a) the chances of that person being elected to office and b) if elected, them being able to have those policies enacted into law or legislative action.

In a purely "I agree with his policies" model; the optimal choice is to write your own name in on every ballot. I agree 100% with Drew's "policies" - which are to lavish millions of dollars on my personal happiness and security. Of course, the chances of Drew being elected are pretty much zero. So a vote for myself is a wasted one.

Where people set themselves up for disappointment; is if they base their vote on a candidate's policies and electability - while ignoring the feasibility of those policies becoming law. A candidate who promises to legalize marijuana and round up all the Muslims might, in some districts, be elected. But once in office their plans are highly likely to be thwarted by the realities of a Constitution that makes rounding up of Muslims illegal and a legislature that sees drug legalization somewhat differently.

You might agree very closely with Bernie Sanders plans for breaking up banks and free college education for all. But a President Sanders would face strong, almost certainly insurmountable, opposition from Congress on those proposals. You might have succeeded in getting Bernie elected - but your goal of broken banks and free college would come to naught.

Better instead to vote for the Candidate whose policies most closely align with your interests; and yet who has a reasonable chance of getting them enacted.

24. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Sanders really got up in there. His head was so far up Clintons ass his feet were off the ground.