Best 2 cases to use with a skin (Best Skins Ever, Invisible Shield, Body Guardz)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ferris23, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I have been through countless cases and one thing I have decided is that I demand a case that works with a skin, period. I want to be able to take my phone out of the case when I get home and enjoy the design of my phone without having to worry about scratches. Then when I head back out I want something I can throw on my phone with ease right over my best skins ever.

The Iskin Solo/FX and Marware Flexishell are in my opinion the two best cases to use in conjunction with any type of protective skin. The FlexiShell is the easiest because it has no front lip so it pops off VERY easy when used with a skin, the Solo you have to pull up and over on the front to avoid pulling the skin off, but still it's very easy to do.

They both offer excellent shock protection, are long lasting without getting all scratched up or stretched out of shape and are easy to take off and put back on and of course they fit over any protective skin (Best Skins Ever, Invisible Shield, BodyGuardz)

Most cases out there will scratch the phone in some way at some point, either the back or the bezel. It's unavoidable, especially if you take your phone out a lot. I know some people will come in here and say they have a Slider and it never scratched their phone...well you are the minority. Pulling a phone out or having a loose silicone case rub over your phone with dust or debris under the case is going to cause scratches, especially on the chrome bezel, side and top.

A case that allows the use of a skin is without question the best way to prevent any scratch or serious damage due to a drop. That is of course unless that baby lands face first then you're screwed either way.

Iskin Solo/FX

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The lip over the bezel is what makes the Iskin only slightly more difficult to remove/put back on over a skin only because you want to lift it up and over the skin rather than just pull it off.

Marware FlexiShell

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These cases are also nice and glossy but don't get all scratched up like a hard glossy plastic case will, my 6 month old Solo looks almost as good as the day I got it with only the slightest bit of wear on the back.

Most silicone cases also work fine with skins but they are lint collectors and make pulling out of the pocket a chore. I can't take the amount of dust that sticks to ANY silicone case out there, no matter how good the silicone is.

Here is what I just recently sold/gave away:

Incase Matte Black Slider
    Griffin IClear
    Switcheasy Capsule Neo
    Switcheasy Capsule Rebel
    Incipio Dermashot
    Griffin Elan Form
    Agent 18 EcoShield
    Marware Sportgrip

Feel free to add if you know of a really good case that works with a skin...

2. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

The Speck CandyShell fits with my BSE. But I also prefer to use the iSkin Solo. Best combo IMO.

3. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

Speck candy shell works seamlessly with my invisi shield

4. Jaytix9 macrumors member

How well does the iskin solo slide in an out of the pocket?

5. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

Very easy, it's smooth and glossy.

6. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

I want to revive this thread since I need a new case and still havey BSE. what other cases fit with a skin on? Does the new Incipio fit over a skin?