Best 20-24" Monitor for Mac Pro-Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by DocPierce, Jul 21, 2008.

1. DocPierce macrumors newbie

I am looking for a good monitor for my new Mac Pro -- not sure if sticking with Apple is the way to go as I have heard some great things about Samsung (244T in particular), NEC and others. Will do quite a bit of video editing and photo editing so color matters.

Can you offer your advice, experience or even feedback on the Sammy 244T?

Thanks.

2. A Pittarelli macrumors 6502

LG makes some KILLER 24"s and they are great with warranties if you ever have problems. look into it

3. apple. macrumors member

yeah, i really like the acd but there tooo expensive.
    the 20 inch is the price of a mini!

4. DocPierce thread starter macrumors newbie

5. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

Since it sounds like color accuracy is important, you are likely best off going with a IPS-based panel like the ACD. They're the most expensive panel, but they do offer the best color accuracy.

If you hardware calibrate it, the Dell 2408FPW would be a solid choice. Reviews that have performed hardware color calibration have noted it's color accuracy at that point is quite good. And the S-PVA panel it uses is better for video playback then IPS (deeper blacks, I believe).

6. DocPierce thread starter macrumors newbie

Bubba,
    I have seen the NEC highly rated on CNET. Do you have a particular model that you have good experience with?

I was looking at the Samsung 244T but see that lower quality DVD playback (though not a big deal for me) lowers its rating....