Best 24 inch Monitor

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Elll, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Elll macrumors newbie

Hello

I have been reading the forums - they are extremely useful! Yet I now feel more bewildered than when I started....

Would someone possibly have some advice for the following:

I have a Macbook Pro 15inch, 2.8 Ghz, 4Gb RAM for which I am looking to buy a 24 inch LCD monitor to use with it.

I work with both Video editing and graphic design (animation) and work predominantly in RGB.

I would prefer a non glossy screen

I have a budget of aprox £ 200.00 ($300.00)

I am looking to buy a Mac Pro in the next few months (I am tempted with the 2008 reconditioned versions after reading the forums) So it is important to get a monitor that will work with the Mac Pro too. For which I will buy a second monitor with a higher budget. (I am happy with a lower and a higher quality monitor, one for menus, one for image.)

Let me know what you think! Thanks!

2. dimme macrumors 65816

I am very happy with my Dell U2410. It cost a bit more but for $300 I don't think you are going to find a IPS screen, which is what you need to video and photo work.

3. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

Ditto. :)

4. aquablue macrumors member

The dell is wide gamut with a so-so srgb elumation mode.

How do people find the sRbg mode?

5. dimme macrumors 65816

I have my set to the custom color mode and them calibrated with a hardware calibrator. I do photo editing and I am very happy with the results.

6. Squadleader macrumors regular

Im on the verge of purchasing one...Wonder how it will match up (dual monitor) with a U2408 which isnt made anymore.. :confused: