Best 4G antenna for Verizon 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Z400Racer37, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Z400Racer37 macrumors 6502a

Hey guys,

Essentially, what I'm trying to do here is get rid of my home line completely. I have looked into buying a femtocell, but in order for that to work, the cable needs to be up, and the power needs to be on. The power will not be an issue because I have a generator, but if the cable is down there is nothing I can do about that, and that wouldn't be a very good solution in an extended power outage.

So basically what I'm looking for, is the best "Cell booster" antenna I can get, that will support at least 3G, and preferably 4G as well. I have looked around for a while on Amazon, and Google etc., but there are a bunch of choices, for different carriers (I.e. GSM, CDMA, Etc.) and the ratings vary from 1 to 5 stars on almost each of the products.

So, I was wondering if you guys might have a bunch of suggestions for me as to which antennae should go with? We currently have iPhone 4Ss in the house, with Verizon Sim cards.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks a lot!

2. BiggAW macrumors 68020

The iPhone 4S doesn't have 4G.

Wilson Electronics are the best, but obviously you need a weak signal outside to start with.

3. mobiman macrumors newbie

Are you looking for passive device or active (power + electronics)?

4. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

The 4S dual-diversity antenna that is capable of switching, is only capable of up to 14.4mbps download speeds & 5.8mbps upload speeds. This is called HSPA+, not to be confused with 4G LTE, which is capable of 100mbps download (theoretical). Only AT&T in US labels "HSPA+" as 4G, but technically it isn't real 4G.

5. BiggAW macrumors 68020

And on Verizon, like the OP has, the most it can do is EVDO Rev. A at 3.6mbps theoretical max.