Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple first launched the AirPods in December 2016, allowing users to listen to audio streamed from their iPhone or another Bluetooth device without the hassle of untangling a mess of EarPods wires. The second-generation AirPods Pro were announced in fall 2022 with an upgraded H2 chip that provides up to twice as much active noise cancellation and more.

Minimalist-AirPods-Deal.jpg

The AirPods Pro 2 look similar to the original model and come with new Touch Controls on the stem, letting users adjust the volume with a swipe up or down. There's also a new extra small size for the silicone ear tips, included along with the small, medium, and large options. They're still priced at $249.

Following the AirPods Pro, Apple revealed the AirPods Max, a pair of over-ear Bluetooth headphones that are set as the high-end alternative for the AirPods line, with active noise cancellation, spatial audio, and adaptive EQ. AirPods Max are priced at $549.

In this guide, you'll find the best currently available price for AirPods, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max at major Apple resellers including Adorama, Amazon, B&H Photo, Best Buy, and MacMall (which is now integrated with TigerDirect). We'll be tracking the best prices for all AirPods models, including the original version, the new AirPods with Charging Case, AirPods with Wireless Charging Case, the standalone Wireless Charging Case, and AirPods Pro.

AirPods Pro 2 (2022)

The newest AirPods Pro model was announced in fall 2022. It keeps the same design as the previous generation with a few key changes, including Touch Controls on the stem and improved active noise cancellation. Amazon has them for $199.99 right now, which is a second-best price.

AirPods 3 (2021)

The AirPods 3 come with an all new design and improved sound quality. Overall, this model is designed very similarly to the AirPods Pro, but without silicone eartips or Active Noise Cancelation. You can now opt for the AirPods 3 with Lightning Charging Case ($169.00) or AirPods 3 with MagSafe Charging Case ($179.00).

AirPods 2 with Charging Case (2019)

Best Buy currently has the AirPods 2 for $99.00, down from $129.00.

AirPods Max (2020)

Currently Amazon has the AirPods Max for $477.00, down from $549.00. This is a second-best price.

We follow deals on AirPods and much more over in our full Deals Roundup, so head there for even more information on the latest bargains related to Apple products and accessories.

(See full article for price comparison chart) Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Article Link: Best AirPods Deals for July 2023

Last edited:

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Is this article missing a chunk? There’s a solitary link for a $10 saving on AirPods, which would be a strangely abrupt article.

Am I missing something? Is this going to be turned into a sticky thread or something similar? :confused:

Reactions: CalvinBroadus

bigalow

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
I'm sure I'll get flamed for this because I know the airpod2's have not been officially announced yet but based on rumors with the expected "hey siri" function and wireless charging case, is there really any reason to wait on buying the gen1 version? Was holding out on buying my son a pair for his birthday but if there isn't really a larger benefit for holding out, I might get the current ones. Thanks

CalvinBroadus

Suspended
Jan 24, 2019
Russia
This is a bizarre article. One deal on AirPods yet it’s named “Best Deals on AirPods” as if there are more than one.

I’m almost 100% positive this article was written for SEO purposes. Because the content is horrible. Or to push MacRumor’s affiliate sales.

Luckily posts like this can be reported to Google so that this page is not ranked if someone searches for the title.

Misleading. Therefore I am downvoting this.

Thanks,

lhammer610

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2003
Lexington, VA
I am trying to get to Verizon to purchase the AirPods Pro with the $30 off. I have had little luck with in-ear headphones, so I wanted to know the return policy. It is 14 days. But for most 'devices' there is a $50 re-stocking fee. I have been on chat with a rep and they will not give me a straight answer about the $50 fee or not. I am going to bail on the on-line Verizon store.

"Wireless device/accessory Return Policy

You may return or exchange wireless devices and accessories within 14 days of purchase. A restocking fee of $50 applies to any return or exchange of a wireless device (excluding Hawaii).*"

amartinez1660

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
Are the amazon $199 deals eligible for apple care? the one thing I don't like about Best Buy's deals is that they are usually branded as "GeekSquad certified yada yada" which just really translates to "can't Apple Care them". For these headphones it's not that expensive in absolute dollars either.

UPDATE: yeah, checked them directly at the link and it does offer the option.

Tech Message

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2018
I think the best way is to finance them through your mobile provider.

With Spark New Zealand, you can finance them over 24months (with a Pay Monthly Plan) for $18.71NZ/month or less than $5/week

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.