Best antiglare coating for Glarebook Alu / 15" Glarebook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sesshi, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Question as title. User experiences will be appreciated.

2. aleni macrumors 68000

best to live and get used with the glossy, because i put an anti-glare screen film and the kind-of-rainbow color noise/dots in the white/light color area of screen is very irritating. i peel it off after 1 day use. wasted money!

3. urowgn macrumors newbie

I'd have to agree with the above. I have the power support anti glare film and it has this weird effect on white and light colors. Lots of little dots on the screen.

I haven't taken it off though, don't really want to waste $40. Maybe when the Moshi one comes out it will be better. I have their palmguard and clearguard and couldn't be happier.

4. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

i concur. Don't waste time with anti-glare films. I've wasted lots of money on them and finally gave up.

Your best solution is a company called techrestore (google it) who will actually replace your glossy screen with a matte one for a few hundred bucks.

5. RelievedSimplet macrumors member

6. aleni macrumors 68000

better waste $40 than your eyes and a nice screen.

7. Sesshi thread starter macrumors G3

Sesshi

That's what we need - portable curtains on a sort of behind-the-neck-brace arrangement :p It's not just the Macbooks - I have other notebooks with the same arrangement, and it just beggars belief how people can actually find this usable for anything other than posing indoors in subdued mood lighting.

If anyone else has better suggestions, I'd like to hear it. I tried a film on the other machine but it ended up looking similar to the other guy's description.