Best Apple products to buy and resell with CC Points?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by davidg4781, Apr 11, 2013.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

I have a Citi credit card and have about 13,000 points.

Not much, I know, but I've been looking to clean up around my apartment by selling stuff. I saw those points and was wondering what would be best to buy and turn around and sell for some cash. I'd probably sell on eBay, or here. I'm going to Austin in a few minutes so I can pick up stuff from Best Buy instead of paying and waiting for shipping.

I can purchase an AppleTV or Airport Express for just the amount of points I have. Would that be best or maybe buying some Lightening cables and selling those?

Cables are 5,200 points
    Shuffle is 5,800 points
    AppleTV is 12,400 points

I'm guessing like the AppleTV I can get just a bit less than it is retail. Cables would be a lot less because of all the generics out there.

2. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

imho, cables do not have good resale. there are too many cheap aftermarket ones that are just as good. for anything else, check out the prices on the refurb store. you will have to sell yours for lower than that.

3. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68000

AppleTV is $85.

Would I be able to get around that for full retail unopened box?

I'd keep it for myself but I'm waiting for the next one to come out. I don't NEED one now but have thought of ditching my blu-ray player and using that for Netflix.

----------

Oh, just read I can return it for a BestBuy gift card.

I may do that and just sell that thing. I'm guessing that'll hold more value than an AppleTV.

4. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

yep right around that. maybe even $85 exactly since you wouldn't have to pay sales tax if bought from you.