Best Buy 2010 MBP 15" Good Deal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SDRacerR1, Feb 28, 2011.

1. SDRacerR1 macrumors member

Looking to get into my first Mac and have been hearing about the clearance prices of the old MPB, so decided to call Best Buy to see what they have in stock.

They have an open box 15" 2.4ghz for $1451. Hopefully I can see if I can get that same price out the door including taxes (since open box and online its listed at $1461).

For a $500 plus dollar savings cant see spending that much extra on a new MPB, plus dont think I'll need that much power (mostly normal usage web, email, pictures).

Main concern is the Open Box...Has anyone bought an Open Box computer before? Did it work ok any problems? Also, technically, does the warranty start when I by it, or started when the last person bought it?

Thanks in advance

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

3. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

+1 dont buy open box those are usually returns and you never know how they were handled. either buy a new "old model" from bestbuy they took a couple hundred off the price i think or buy a refurb from apple because they go over those with a fine tooth comb and are as good as new.

4. The Catalyst macrumors 6502

Check the Apple online store for one of their refurbs, then you know you're getting a full warr and it's been tested to be in good working order.

5. SDRacerR1 thread starter macrumors member

Ya same one, trying to use my Best Buy CC since 18 months no interest. Plus almost works out to same after taxes assuming the cut me a deal at BB.

Mainly just worried a out the open box issue.