Best Buy and How they Treat there MacBooks

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cjgonzales1900, Nov 2, 2009.

1. cjgonzales1900 macrumors regular

I was in a local Best Buy here in Fresno, California. Was looking around the Mac Section. I was over hearing a conversation about someone wanting buying a Macbook. They asked if they can see it, so the best buy guy went to the cage where they keep the MacBooks and MacBook Pros. The guy pulled one out of the cage, a white MacBooks, then they started to fall. He just let them fall, I then heard one fall from the top to the bottom of the cage. Look at the pictures. the one circled was the one i believe fell. So what this is how Best Buy treats there merchandise? What do you guys think? Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I've never had a problem in buying Macs there. I have purchased two MBPs and an iMac as well as a Cinema Display. All were perfect.

3. Ann P macrumors 68020

I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't Best Buy but "Apple" or (insert authorized reseller here). It's also really not the company's fault, just whomever is handling the packages. I bet this mishandling happens in the back... we just don't see it.

4. OldMike macrumors 6502

OldMike

Thankfully the packing foam was there to cushion the fall.

More disturbing is seeing all of those poor MacBooks held captive in that cage ;)

It looks like that little guy didn't fall, but was in fact trying to escape.

5. c.dub macrumors member

What do you think happens during shipping from China, or anywhere for that matter?

They are cushioned and can handle being tipped over, falling from a couple feet etc.

Apple isn't retarded, they're well aware what can happen from the factory to a customer's hands.

I ordered my MacBook Pro on release day and watched the tracking number make its way around China, USA, then home to Canada. I'm sure it got banged around a bit. However, it was, and still is perfectly fine.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I won't be buying any product from bestbuy - if that's how they treat merchandise, no thank you.

7. Davidkoh macrumors 65816

Believe me, they been through worse in the shipping process from china, or warehouses :)

8. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

Ten times worse.

9. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

It looks like the little guy just wants freedom. Looking out towards the show floor, dreaming of a life outside his captivity, almost with sad eyes, exclaiming "ooh ooh, pick me!"

10. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

Looks like a cage full of future Apple refurbs :eek:

11. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

If you think that stacking in the cage is bad, work at a shipping facility. Then I am sure the OP will post something bashing the courier. Mac books ot tvs, there is no such thing as white glove handling.

12. Davidkoh macrumors 65816

My old MB came with a shoeprint on the box it was shipped in ;)

13. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

That adds value, right? :eek:

14. ddivinia macrumors newbie

You should see what the shipping guys do to them...

D.

15. Davidkoh macrumors 65816

Yeah! I got a MB with unique design on the box ;)

16. brendu macrumors 68020

remember the opening scene of ace ventura?

17. barkomatic macrumors 68040

This picture reminds me of PETA images of tortured monkeys or something. Soon, masked men will enter Best Buy at night to free the macbooks and stack them properly.

18. ncdasa macrumors member

I dont know if everyone saying "well oh yeah! The shipping process is way way way worse!!!:eek:" is trying just to exonerate Best Buy or just make everyone comfortable with an overall careless standard of dealing with high price merchandise :confused:

But i can say that there is no reason why being conscientious shouldn't be a part of the job stipulation? That whole fiasco in the cage could be solved if they put a little sign (in pictures of course ;) ) for all bumbling neanderthals at Best Buy to easily understand, which showed the boxes BIENG STACKED FLAT!

Common sense is now a resented commodity for all these brainwashed company fanboys :)apple: 's being some of the worst known to man :mad: ) who cant stand that their respective idolized corporations could be benefited by some criticism and correction by their dissatisfied or common sense having customers.

A lot of times people do dumb $#!† like this b/c they arent happy w/ their lives and/or their jobs. I mean in reality it is not much harder to do things in a way that isnt retarded and reckless, it just comes from the disturbed mental system. Anyway if I ran some shipping company or something I would make it clear that people couldnt throw $h!t around no matter what it was. Either act civil and take some pride in your work or serve in another capacity like mopping the floor where you wont disturb the proper order of things. Get therapy if necessary but be sane DAMN IT! :p

19. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Inner feelings.

:(

Attached Files:

20. waynechriss macrumors regular

Ha ha ha, that sad macbook is just waiting to be bought.

21. warstomp macrumors member

haha i work at bestbuy and i dont even know where we store our macbooks :confused: except the imacs

22. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

If any of you saw how the shipping companies handle them from the factories in Chine to the Apple stores, you would never buy one.

Who cares how they are stacked or if the fall in the cage, you really think it affects the unit? If so you may want to avoid ever buying something that has been shipped, because chances are it has gone through a lot worse the a 2 foot fall.

23. ddivinia macrumors newbie

Looking at that cage there really doesn't seem to be an issue. They are in factory packaging and it is not like they are dropping off the top of the building or anything. The HD is not spinning, etc. It seems like a non-issue. Heck, my 18 month old drug my brand new MBP 13" off the table and put a nice dent in it. I am really pleased about it, but oh well - it happens.

D.

24. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

yeah, that fall is no big deal b/c of packaging. plus, im pretty sure those packaging has been through worse when it came from china

25. reallynotnick macrumors 6502a

That's a really dumb way to stack them, they should all be lying flat that way they could never fall over.

Side note I used to work for BB and in the back we stacked TVs on top of these probably 8ft or so shelf and for some reason they thought it would be a good idea to stack the iMacs on the other side of the shelf standing up right precariously on the edge. My buddy from home theater ended up knocking over about 4 of the iMacs :eek: taking a TV down. I know they opened them up and check them all, but not sure what happened after that.