Best Buy charged me the wrong price for the base 15" Haswell.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ducatiti, Nov 1, 2013.

1. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

So they gave a price match discount of $200 instead of $100 bringing down the cost $1799.00 which I honestly think is a sweet deal. Just wanted to let you guys know this possible deal that you may acquire.

But I have the mentality of wanting to future proof by getting the high end model. I don't play games much but do some movie and picture editing. Will also run win7 via VMware.

Having that said, I think I will be better of with what I have considering I can sell it for what I paid for maybe a year later or so. I guess the only thing that bothers me is that I have to use an external drive for additional storage.

Just wanted to share that it's me Ducatiti from Battlefield 1943. No. 1 on the leaderboards! :) Represent! Lol.

2. aiyaaabatt macrumors 6502

Count yourself lucky. This is extreme YMMV

3. Tanmayg macrumors newbie

How did you get this? I tried price matching for the early 2013 version(they had some left in stock) but that they reduced to 1750. I guess your price is without taxes?

4. Benk3350 macrumors member

That is cool but the education discount is $200 off so it would be the same price for me. Now if they could take $200 the education discount price that would be crazy. Even though I already have a maxed out 15" I would pick up a base model for $1599 just because it would be an amazing deal.

5. ducatiti thread starter macrumors 6502a

I believe that the base 15" discount is only $100, with only the one with the dgpu having the $200 discount.