Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markthrash

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Texass
Anyone else out there still waiting on a phone call from Best Buy or is it just me? lol
I mean, I don't mind waiting. I'm patient, but I'm just wondering, since it seems as if everyone else that ordered from BB has already gotten their appointments set up. I called yesterday and their inventory had yet to arrive and weren't expecting it until Thursday. Was just wondering if anyone else has a BB that's getting inventory so late?
I didn't realize how small and unimportant my little town was until now. lol :p

To anyone that could provide that inventory check from BB's forums, i'd greatly appreciate it just to check up. I was sent an old link in another BB thread but the link is dead. I'm still deciding on whether to call again tonight I don't want to be annoying. Hahah.

Applelude

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2010
Nope. I got mine an hour ago. Im screwed. I preorderd on the 15th and paid for their stupid gift card but I get no iphone. Dude said he had no idea when it will be in, maybe weeks. He said there were tons of people ahead of me and barely any phones but I might get in the next shipment. Weak sauce.

markthrash

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Texass
Yeah, my BB isn't really giving me any info. So you're getting farther than me. At least you know. My BB won't even tell me what place I am in line....? Is that normal? lol

bubbagumpshrimp

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
ya im kinda bothered that Walmart is willing to tell me that they are getting one phone while Best Buy who i gave my money to wont tell me anything...sadly im selling my phone tonight so who knows how long it will be before I get one.

I dont have a apple or ATT store close to me.

widgetguy

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2005
got my call bout a hr ago I'm number #9 got a 6:30am appt. The bb by me doesn't normally open up till 9am. I order a 16gb white they asked if i wanted black cause no white were available i was like umm yes!!!!

Sean4123

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2009
Why oh why did you guys reserve at Best Buy? It's got to be the worst electronics chain in history when it comes to customer service.

Whatever you do, do not buy a warranty through them. I had an iPod 3 year warranty. The first time I used it, they did a quick exchange and I got a used iPod with the same issue. A week later, I got another quick exchange, but this time the chrome back on the iPod was blank! No etching at all! That ones battery lasted about 3 weeks and by then I was out of warranty!

Thanks Best Buy. Maybe they should change their name to Worst Buy.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
I called and the guy was still going through the list of people who preordered on June 15. I preordered on the 18, and he said that they don't think that there will be enough iPhone 4's for everybody who preordered on June 15, so I don't know what I'm going to do. I'll call my local Apple Store since I don't believe they took reservations, so there should be some iPhone 4's for early walk-ins.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
I pre odered on the 15 with BB, thought everything was good until the call on Tuesday as I was #14 and they do not have enough to fill my order, so good thing I reserved one at Apple from the store near me, otherwise I wouldn't be getting an i4 for weeks, BB blows...:mad:

TSparger

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2009
Why oh why did you guys reserve at Best Buy? It's got to be the worst electronics chain in history when it comes to customer service.

Whatever you do, do not buy a warranty through them. I had an iPod 3 year warranty. The first time I used it, they did a quick exchange and I got a used iPod with the same issue. A week later, I got another quick exchange, but this time the chrome back on the iPod was blank! No etching at all! That ones battery lasted about 3 weeks and by then I was out of warranty!

Thanks Best Buy. Maybe they should change their name to Worst Buy.

I did because I got sick and tired of trying to get through to Apple and ATT's websites on the 15th and couldn't sit at the computer all day so dropped into the local BB store and halfway believed their line of BS that I would definitely get one. Lesson learned Bye Bye Best Buy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.