Best Buy: Good selection of cases (and Rocketfish soft case review)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by extraextra, Sep 21, 2012.

1. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Went to Best Buy this afternoon and they had a good selection of cases for launch day. 4-6 colors of Speck Candyshell and Speck FabShell, 2 colors of metallic Incase sliders, 3-5 colors/designs of Agent 18 slimshields, and a wide selection of Rocketfish hard shell cases (PC/very slim design similar to Incipio Feather) and soft shell cases (TPU/one clear jelly-like one, the rest were a grippy matte-type finish).

Anyway, I picked up a Rocketfish soft case in "red" (it's sort of a neon red-orange-coral mix, kind of leaning towards pink) for ~$24 after tax.

I like it a lot for now. It covers the buttons but does not cover the speakers like say, the Candyshell. The matte texture has a feel very similar to the Speck Pixelskin HD. Time will tell if it will start to fall apart or fade, but for now I recommend it for anyone looking for good protection without too much bulk.

(click to enlarge)
    IMG_5418.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_9674.jpg

2. BDoggPrelude macrumors regular

BDoggPrelude

I bought the same case in black at my local BB. They didn't have anything but generic cases. I wish they had Speck cases because I definitely would have gotten one instead. It's decent for a relatively inexpensive case. It's just temporary for me until I decide what case I'm going to ultimately go with.

3. extraextra thread starter macrumors 68000

extraextra

Yeah this will likely be temporary for me to until some nicer ones come out.

4. lsquare macrumors 6502

I was thinking of buying that as well too. However, what I really want is a screen protector and BB only carries Zaggs.