Best Buy - Have you been able to haggle on the price of a rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thomasec, Oct 29, 2013.

1. thomasec macrumors newbie

I swung by Best Buy to check out the new rMBPs, and was a bit shocked when one of the sales clerks approached me like I was at a car dealership. After asking me what I was looking for and how much I was hoping to spend, he started playing around with different promotions and coupons to bring the price down.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Just seems weird with the tight control that Apple typically has on the price of their products.

2. dankev macrumors newbie

I wouldn't say I haggled, but they happily matched Apple's student prices for me on a rMBP and an Airport Extreme. I am a student, btw... just an old one.

3. Windows&Apple macrumors regular

Yea, I walked into Future Shop and told the sales rep: "I want this machine with the student discount, a case and the warranty should be free because I got bs service with my last product under your warranty."

Came back with: "Sure, we can do that."

4. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I have been able to on their open box items in the past, but not new ones.

5. Hookemfins macrumors 6502

Hookemfins

From speaking with managers, no. They claim they have no room or can't alter the price, except for price match.

However you can on open box items. I have gotten a couple of good deals at BB.