Best buy in store purchase for device only?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yoseph6375, Sep 30, 2014.

1. yoseph6375 macrumors newbie

I would like to know if BB allows people to buy the device only.
    I am interested in buying at&t iPhone 6 plus 64 gb gold with the full retail price (Pricematching with apple since they charge 50 more?)
    I have seen people in this forum saying they were able to price match with apple and buy it outright and have seen some denied.
    I want to know whether it is YMMV or not.
    Thanks

2. kioko91 macrumors regular

kioko91

They won't price match but it's allowed. Bought mine at bestbuy and tried to price match. Was told they don't match on iPhones when they first come out.

3. GeoTrojan macrumors newbie

I'm fed up with Worst Buy. Every person you talk to there has a different story. Each store follows a different 'policy' that seems to change daily and they don't even follow their own corporate policy that only says that won't price match 'contract phones' (which 'device only' is not). Piss poor management, price gouging, clueless employees, etc. It's not like this is the first time an iPhone has been launched.

4. cynics macrumors G4

I share your frustration with Best Buy. I've made it a point to never purchase anything from them due to their poor customers service and policies.

Made the mistake of purchasing an Apple TV from them because it was a shorter drive. Had a problem with it on day 16 they couldn't help me because they have a 15 day return policy. THANKFULLY it was an Apple product so Apple helped me out. The contrast between Best Buy and Apple customer service is so vast I'm embarrassed to use their names and customer service in the same sentence.

5. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Agreed, all my major purchases for Apple products are bought directly from Apple but for the cheaper items like an Apple TV or an Airport Extreme I still go to Best Buy just out of convenience without any expectations of customer service.

6. eldo33 macrumors regular

Been wanting a Grey 64gb instead of current white one. Found 1 last night and double check this morning at my local Bestbuy store. I went over, ask to confirm it was in stock, then ask them to pricematch, sale rep asked manager since it was the correct price on apple.com, and Manager approved.

Used my gift cards and brought total to $580 purchased outright. Put the rest on BB credit card no finance.

Funny thing is they have the Price match policy posted at every register of Mobile stations. I was prepare for an argument if they didn't price match.

7. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

I'm surprised BB hasn't started price gouging since they seem to be the only place with the iPhone 6 in stock. I'll still wait it out for the 6+

8. AppleRobert macrumors 603

One needs to make a connection with one of the higher up employees. Once that is done, no problem. I have been dealing with them for a couple of years now and have nothing bad to say at all and no regrets.

Lots of DRONES working in retail, even at Apple and even at the Samsung bar at BB. Sometimes I wonder what a company's protocol/requirements/screening is for hiring.