Best Buy iphone 5 pre-order pick up emails coming in......

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by horizonflyer, Sep 20, 2012.

1. horizonflyer macrumors newbie

horizonflyer

If you pre-ordered your iPhone 5 from Best Buy last Friday (early) the emails are starting to come in that you can pick it up tomorrow - mine just came and my buddy's just came as well.

We live in the west Chicago suburbs and were 5th and 6th in a line of about 25 people - both ordered 32GB black and both have AT&T.

:):):):):):)

2. bidwalj macrumors 65816

Thanks for the update. I was the first at mine (its a big store) and hopfully will get something soon. I wonder if the email is sent by the store. I ordered a 32 black for verizon.

At this point i don't really have my hopes up and prepared to line up at apple. If it does come in, its just a bonus.

3. rainking macrumors regular

Got mine too. Does this guarantee it?

4. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

I haven't gotten mine yet :( But I called the store and they said they haven't started yet!

5. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

If you go between Friday and Sunday, yes they are guaranteeing they have a phone for you.

I preordered 1 black and 1 white last Friday from Best Buy. So far I have the pickup email only for the black. Really hoping they just haven't opened the box of whites yet...

6. 808geek macrumors member

Nothing yet for me either, but I live in CA and the store isn't open yet. That and I ordered in the afternoon last Friday. So I may or may not make the shipment. Although when i called yesterday, they said since I ordered a 32gb that I had a better chance since most people ordered 16gb. Here's hoping for the email or phone call at some point today.

7. Scuba-EMT macrumors regular

Scuba-EMT

I wish they send me an e-mail and tell me it's there for pickup tomorrow...

8. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Just curious, which store were you at? I was at the Orland store and there was only a couple people in line when I got there. I thought there was going to be more.

9. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

I'm in Oakland Park (a sub-division of Fort Lauderdale), FL btw. I REALLY hope I make the first shipment. My order was completed at 11:58 AM.

10. solidsnake32292 macrumors regular

11. mawool01 macrumors member

mawool01

I also ordered 1 black and 1 white last Friday. I received an email letting me know my black one was ready for pick up tomorrow. I did not receive anything yet about the white. I also noticed that my order number and my order date was different. Anyone else notice that?

12. misterjay macrumors regular

That's nuts.. I live in Orland myself. Went to camp out there for the iPhone 4. Literally reached Sports Authority.. (the line). Pass by there again around 9-10pm, it's insane.

Btw, ordered two iPhone 5's from Radio Shack in Palos.

13. bidwalj macrumors 65816

Those on the west coast, I'm in CA and I just got the email to pick them up. I ordered at the Dublin store in the east bay.

14. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

So people that have received emails from Best Buy... have all been black? :eek: Let me do some more research because I pre-ordered a White 32GB on AT&T, and I won't be here for this if they're not getting in any shipment of white.

[​IMG]

15. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

Good catch.. yes, my order date & order number for my black phone are different than my preorder from Friday. Hmm.

Still no word on the white. I'm going to have a very unhappy wife we we can't pick up our phones at the same time..

16. mawool01 macrumors member

mawool01

I will have a very unhappy wife as well!

17. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

OH so some people have gotten a pickup notification for white. That's not too bad then!

All I can do is pray I get called now.

[​IMG]

18. Golemaw macrumors newbie

Same here, the pick email had a different order number and was dated today. I am just guessing they used a new number and date for the pickup.

I was the reverse, my white phone was ready but nothing for the black one. :confused:

19. Enrique Fontela macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered my black 32gb last Friday around 3 pm. I live in Miami, FL. Hopefully I get it tomorrow :)

20. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

OH did you do it at the Aventura store?

21. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

So even if you guys got the emails today, are you worried that you're still going early before the store open or are you just going whenever you feel like it?

I preordered last Friday and I was not given an appointment. The mobile department sent me an email confirming my preorder and then another email sent from Best Buys confirming my reserve and to wait if my order is ready to be picked up.

I hope to hear from them today, if not, I'll call them myself to confirm what their plans are for preorders but no matter what they will say, I will come in early on launch day maybe around 8 am or earlier than that and get in line in front of the store.

The guy who took my preorder, suggested I get in line still even though I reserved, because sometimes they can only get as much on launch day, so whatever they get on launch day it's still first come and first serve basis only but only to those who reserved. They will not sell to those who did not preorder.

Let's say they only got 10 64GB White Verizon iPhone 5 on launch day but there are 20 people who preordered it, the first 10 who get to pick it up first will get it, but the other 10 will have to wait for the next batch to come in.

Some people who got the call or email to pickup, when they got to the store, their preorder was gone, the BB employees did not hold on to it and instead gave it away to others who picked it up instead even though they were not emailed or called but still they did preorder so that's their excuse.

And so I might not want to take a chance to rely on their calls or emails and just assume they will hold on to it even if I don't pick it up till later or after the launch day. :cool:

22. appswipe macrumors 6502

I know stores may be different, but im curious if they usually do a separate line for pre-orders

23. Enrique Fontela macrumors newbie

Na I got it at the Hialeah store by where I work.

----------

The best buy where I got it told me that it wasn't necessary to wait in line. That people will receive the phones in the order they were placed. If you get yours in the first batch you can go pick it up at 8pm on Friday it doesn't matter.

24. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

I have to think that BB is just opening boxes as fast as they can and they haven't gotten to the box with my second phone yet.

I hope.

25. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

AHH ok ok, I preordered from the Aventura store for the 4 launch and had a really good experience. That's why I asked.