Best Buy mail-in trade for AW, anyone done it?

ApplePersonFreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2016
I have a S0 AW that I’m thinking of upgrading to the S3. It looks like Best Buy is offering $76 for it, but I’ve never done their mail in trade before, has anyone ever had a good experience with it?

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I have a S0 AW that I’m thinking of upgrading to the S3. It looks like Best Buy is offering $76 for it, but I’ve never done their mail in trade before, has anyone ever had a good experience with it?
Personally, I would not mail it in. If you can do so in the store, that might be easier. I don't think $76 is necessarily unreasonable depending on the condition of your Apple Watch. But as someone else mentioned, you could likely accrue more money if you sell on Swappa.

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
I traded mine in at Best Buy for $85 towards AW3 Nike +. Skip the mail in and go in store. Saves you the hassle or risk.
You just do the trade in, in store? Do you have to bring in the box / accessories? How does the process work? Thanks.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
You just do the trade in, in store? Do you have to bring in the box / accessories? How does the process work? Thanks.
I used the Best Buy app to initiate the process and get the value of my trade in. Once you get the value, you enter your email address so they can look it up in store. I think mine was valid for two days. Keep your charger, all you need to bring to the store is the original strap to trade it with the actual watch. No box or that other stuff, they just put it in a bag once everything is done. Pretty seamless process if you ask me. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Coffee50

shox2k2

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Wichita, KS
If it’s Best Buy credit your looking for it’s easier in store. Also check out amazon trade in. There’s is pretty easy and you get the credit pretty quick as well. (Not as fast as bb in store.). Even gamestop has a current offer of +50 credit for electronic devices. Of course you can only use it on gamestop items although some do sell visa gift cards

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
I used the Best Buy app to initiate the process and get the value of my trade in. Once you get the value, you enter your email address so they can look it up in store. I think mine was valid for two days. Keep your charger, all you need to bring to the store is the original strap to trade it with the actual watch. No box or that other stuff, they just put it in a bag once everything is done. Pretty seamless process if you ask me. Hope this helps.
Thanks!

seatton

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2013
Seattle, WA
That seems a bit low, but it is good for convenience. I spent weeks trying to sell my AW SS Series 0. Finally, I got 179 for a watch that was in an excellent condition. I do not know how many hours I spent and it was not so worth the time and effort. It is a shame how much the price goes down, but I still get my Series 3 in SS because it is too gorgeous.