Best Buy - Open Box New Ipad 16GB for $389.99

Discussion in 'iPad' started by smiley311, Jul 5, 2012.

1. smiley311 macrumors newbie

So I was checking the Best Buys near my home for a new iPad. I didn't know that you could view their open box inventory (I mean who shops at Best Buy anymore) but I decided to give it a whirl.

Anyway, I've attached the screen shot here. The New iPad 16Gb for $389.99. Yup that's right.

Went to the store and just picked it up. Had to get 2 managers to approve the price since it was clearly a mistake! Not a scratch on it, not even the screen. Came with cables, box and documentation. No one at best buy knew how the price got so low since usually open box items are only 10% off, but since they label the UPC/EAN and SKU it's easy to match the one in the ad to the one at the store. One manager tried to tell me they sold the $389 one but I asked to see the receipt since it's illegal to 'bail and switch'. But the kid helping me was cool and was on my side the entire time!

Very happy and just thought i'd share my good fortune and give everyone else a heads up to check out their stores websites in hopes of finding an 'oops'.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

Hmmm....not sure what the point of the post was but "cool story bro!" :rolleyes:

3. -TYLER macrumors regular

Nice deal.

Also so jealous of where you live, stayed in Arizona all last summer in both Sedona and Phoenix, they were probably the best places I have ever been to.

4. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

Selling mine yesterday for $400 was not bad at all then. But I was not expecting a $100 drop on used stock from retail this quick. If I waited I would have only received $350.

5. Gordonpn macrumors member

Gordonpn