Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caramellhoney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
so when I see a macbook available at my local BB in the open box I can't purchase it. SO I guess you have to go in store? my only issue is that the open box always shows as available in my cart but when you check out its gone. does that mean its been purchased already in store or just not available online. the bb that always has them is about 40 mins away.

DanielNTX

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2005
so when I see a macbook available at my local BB in the open box I can't purchase it. SO I guess you have to go in store? my only issue is that the open box always shows as available in my cart but when you check out its gone. does that mean its been purchased already in store or just not available online. the bb that always has them is about 40 mins away.

This is because you have to go to the store for open-box deals. I've never been able to check out because of this:
ONLY 1 AVAILABLE
This item, at this price, is available only at this specific store. However, inventory levels change quickly and this item may no longer be in stock. Not eligible for purchase online.

----------

sorry where can I see if a store in NY has an open box one? I can't find any

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...0318603516&rd=248&nrp=15&sp=rating&st=macbook

RetroGamer360

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2008
The same happened to me with the rMB I recently picked up. I was able to put it into my cart but it would be removed when I tried to check out. I went down to the store and was able to purchase. The good news is that the on-line open box price was $1,189 but with a little haggling I was able to get it down to $1,001 so it was definitely worth the trip for me. YMMV as I have learned that not all Best Buys are as flexible on price, particularly with Apple products.

tejeshwarsekhon

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2009
India
Guys i am searching for open box macbook, But cant seem to find, i have tried in lots of cities (online). I know its very very hard to find open boxes as the availability of new one is low But still can someone tell me how to find one online as i do not live in US, i have to buy it online and get it delivered to my relatives in US..

Keene1bj

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2015
Guys i am searching for open box macbook, But cant seem to find, i have tried in lots of cities (online). I know its very very hard to find open boxes as the availability of new one is low But still can someone tell me how to find one online as i do not live in US, i have to buy it online and get it delivered to my relatives in US..

As far as I know, open box item can't be delivered. You can buy them online but you then have to go and physically pick them up from the store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.