Best Buy Pre-Order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Willie5566, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Willie5566 macrumors regular

Any Best Buy pre-order folks here?

I am starting to get nervous. I tried to pre-order last week but by 6am it was already a 2 week delay. I stopped by my local Best Buy and pre-ordered from them since you can reserve it in advance BUT you have to do it in store.

I was probably 15th in line. With all the models and carriers I am assuming there should be one of the ones that I want. BUT they of course have no idea of what is coming in or when. So I am waiting for a phone call once they begin receiving them. I would think they would be getting phones tomorrow and am hoping to get a call putting my mind at ease.

Anyone else order through Best Buy? I may have to try my local Apple Store on Friday morning as a Plan B. Sucks waiting for the phone to ring. Sigh....certainly not like those of you watching your UPS tracking updates.

2. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

I did it through best buy. Showed up 30 minutes before they opened and got the first pre-order. I'm not too worried.

3. Willie5566 thread starter macrumors regular

#1 and #15 are two different things. I say you are in pretty good shape.

My understanding is Apple stores get the largest shipments (obviously) and then the carriers. Places like Best Buy get what's left. We pre-ordered a iPad 2 after launch from Best Buy after they were out of their initial shipment. It took them over a week to get a second shipment. That's what scares me about pre-ordering through BB. If you are not in the initial allotment you may be waiting a while. They do not get the regular shipments that the Apple store gets.

4. IndoX macrumors regular

Best Buy gets shipments twice a week: on Mondays and Thursdays. The big truck arrives on Thursday. So if they run out of stock on Friday, there's a good chance you won't be able to get the phone until the following week.

5. budselectjr macrumors 6502a

Pre ordered on friday morning. Said they will wait and schedule pick up times till tomorrow after they see how many phones they will be getting.

6. connor.e macrumors member

I pre-ordered from a small Best Buy Mobile Store here in Canada. They were really helpful, and I was first on the list for the 32GB black model!

Although, they did say that they wouldn't know how many phones they're getting. Hopefully I get a good call on Friday!

7. BFW122083 macrumors 6502

I pre ordered on the 14th around 1:30. Said I was maybe the 30th person, but most people were going for 32gb's. I went with two 16gb's. Hopefully it works out. All the mobile people have been there for years and seemed to think there wouldnt be a problem. Its a pretty big store in an affluent area and they normally have lots of Apple stuff :).

I have been following this thread over on the best buy forums too, they have an employee who responds to a lot of questions/concerns.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Mobile-Phones-Broadband/Pre-order-iPhone-5-with-bestbuy/td-p/574466