Best Buy Preorder Delivery 21st

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WindowsTraitor, Sep 14, 2012.

1. WindowsTraitor macrumors regular

I placed an order with ATT this morning but I never got the second email.

So I went to my local bestbuy and preordered the phones there. (around 5pm)

They assured me that they will get the phones on Thursday and calling people on Thursday to schedule appointments on Friday for Pickup.

YOu pay 50$ deposit per phone, and they give you a gift card.

ATT ordering process is really bad. WIll never do it again.

ANybody else ordering form best buy?

2. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

I did it as well because i haven't decided if i will upgrade my two ipad lines or keep my full price preorder that i placed online. I will cancel one of them but best buy is no guarantee you get it next friday.

read the terms of your pre order, it says "Preorders will be fulfilled in the order of reservation; due to the fact Best Buy cannot control supplier product availability. Best Buy cannot guarantee product availability on a specified date.In the event preorder availability changes, Best Buy will notify you."

so it all depends on how much stock they got. Judging by how fast the presale sold out, there may not be much during the initial launch.

3. WindowsTraitor thread starter macrumors regular

the confirmed to at least 4 people that walked in when I was there, that they are getting the the exact amount that they are pre-ordering for the first shipment. After the first shipment they do not know what they will get.

They need to use the wording on the preorder papers, otherwise people would be complaining etc.

they had a list with all the people that have ordered. They did not want to tell me my place on the list, but they said I am ok.

4. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

They are full of crap, they do not know.

5. byteoftheapple macrumors newbie

I went through Best Buy as well, and they could not guarantee me anything either. They said they would call. I guess they cannot determine their inventory and do not want to make promises. I hope we both get them on the 21st!

6. WindowsTraitor thread starter macrumors regular

i'll even try radioshack. It looks like no matter how many phones you order the eligibility upgrade always stays the same. So i'll pre order from as many places as I can.

I really hope we will have a phone by the 21st, because I am selling my 4 this week...

7. critten macrumors member

ordered through apple and att says contract it till 2014 now pretty instantly so i could not double dip!

8. WindowsTraitor thread starter macrumors regular

I will order form apple directly next time. I just have to remember to wake up.

I just check my availability for upgrade, and it still says I am available for upgrade.