Best Buy stores in my area have no clue regarding Pre-Orders!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drober30, Jun 14, 2010.

1. drober30 macrumors 6502a

I have called the three stores in my area here in Michigan and all of them said they have no word on pre-orders. I don't doubt it since the Best Buy press release only happened a few hours ago.

How did Radio Shack get the jump on Best Buy who has mini Apple stores inside their store? Radio Shack had fliers printed up sitting on the counter with iPhone 4 pre-order info.

2. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Employees haven't been told how it's going to work yet, and neither have customers. Pre-orders start tomorrow- wait until then to figure out all the details.

3. Built macrumors 68020

I am having the same problem, drober, complicated by the fact that the "guy" who answers the Customer Service phone at my local Best Buy (Store 1011 Sepulveda and Rosecrans) is awful. He refuses to transfer calls to a manager...provides no information...

The Reward Zone Premier Silver desk is now trying to get information for me. The woman that is helping me is really trying hard to get some info.

I guess I am a little impetuous...but I would like to know how Best Buy is going to handle it, or mishandle it, before I give up the idea of pre-ordering directly from Apple completely.

4. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

Correct so far all best buy has been told is that they will be doing preorders, the employees have been given no details yet which is why you can't find any either.

5. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Which is why we should all stop creating threads on this topic, as nobody knows :rolleyes:

6. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

Exactly! :)

7. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

I don't think Best Buy does pre-orders. Remember the PS3? First in line gets a PS3. I think it will be the same with the iPhone4. They want you to stand in line for the iPhone 4 in hopes to buying other crap.

8. Built macrumors 68020

9. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

10. drober30 thread starter macrumors 6502a

11. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

OP your title is deceiving. Please edit to read: "Best Buy stores in my area have no clue!"

12. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

My bestbuy, Fairfax, VA, stated that they will be doing pre-orders for iPhones. Just like others have said it's a $50 deposit and then you pick up on launch. Then I started asking questions.

Do you know if you'll have white and black?
    ---I don't know, but I think so

Will you be overselling pre-orders or are you getting a set amount?
    ---We will be selling as many pre-orders as we can, but we don't know how many we'll get yet.

What happens when I pre-order along with 100 others and you only receive 45?
    ---Pre-orders will be sold first come, first serve and if they less stock than pre-orders they will not release inventory to individuals that did not pre-order.

I only asked because I was curious, I would love the reward zone points...but I'm ordering from Apple.

13. Built macrumors 68020

I am feeling the same way as you, Aj. I would LOVE the RZ points...but it just doesn't sound too promising.

I was told the same thing. If 15 people pre-order, and only 10 phones come in, the last 5 people have to wait.

14. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Yup. Maybe if they offered 3x RZ points it would be worthwhile. But 1x is no incentive. It's like $9 and you know BB will turn the launch into a total Charlie Foxtrot.

15. drober30 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Specifically they don't have a clue regarding "pre-orders"...