BEST BUY SUCCESS - iPhone 6 PLUS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sarahsmiles, Oct 1, 2014.

1. sarahsmiles macrumors regular

sarahsmiles

After a complete cluster ******* with ordering through AT&T, then apple, then blah blah blah, I had heard that Best Buy started accepting orders for the iPhone 6+ back on 9/23/2014.

We went to BB on 9/26/2014 - at night - around 7 PM. (Mind you, this was less then a week ago.)

Because of all the issues with AT&T, we opted to switch to Verizon - and do the EDGE program (as new customers). So, we got my daughter an iPhone 5c (in stock) - and ordered the other two iPhones - silver and gold - both 64GB.

Today, 5 days later, we received an email that our phones were in and ready to be picked up. :)

Thank goodness!!! I do feel bad for those of you who ordered back on 9/12 and still have yet to receive the phone. :(

FYI: BB does do EDGE and NEXT - for both upgrades and new accounts.

HOWEVER, BB only did orders for the iPhone 6+'s from 9/23-9/27. I'm not sure why they only took orders for less then a week, but I know they're starting to get shipments in - and they will sell those as stock.

2. Gregintosh, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014

Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Lots of Best Buy stores also have the Plus in stock (if you look on iDeviceChecker.com) all over the place, even on a walk in basis. However, the variety is limited (I notice Sprint models tend to be easiest to get a hold of anywhere).

EDIT: I also notice now that several Apple stores in the Chicago area have Verizon iPhone 6 Plus available in 16GB and 128GB.

3. sarahsmiles thread starter macrumors regular

sarahsmiles

Really? I'm in the Baltimore metro area - with lots of BB stores around - and as far as I saw, none for Verizon or AT&T. I didn't check Sprint, though.

4. DIGGDEEP, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014

DIGGDEEP macrumors member

DIGGDEEP

pre-Ordered on 9/27.
    Just got my "Ready for pickup" email about an hour ago.
    I'll be there first thing in the morning!!!
    :D

5. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

The iPhone 6 plus are available because Apple is going to sell/release the iPhone 6 in China.

No more people here in the US are sending the iphones overseas.

6. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Its all an underestimate from Apple on the demand. Maybe the shortage in the US is due to allocating more to meet the demand in China? Supply issues will get worked out nonetheless, come mid-October, supply shortages will all be a dream. Prices for the plus have already dropped online by a decent amount.