Best Buy to price match?

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
Anybody have any luck trying to get Best Buy to price match the Microcenter deal for the iPad 2 16 GB at $360?

Vudoo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Dallas Metroplex
The first Best Buy I went to, the customer service manager refused to do it so I called corporate and they gave me $40 in reward zone points. I tried a different Best Buy and they price matched it.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
The first Best Buy I went to, the customer service manager refused to do it so I called corporate and they gave me $40 in reward zone points. I tried a different Best Buy and they price matched it.
Fantastic. Thanks. I'll give it a try.

deeddawg

macrumors G3
Jun 14, 2010
US
Nice. I struck out getting Target to price match on Friday. I went to Best Buy to try it out, but since they had a mint openbox 16GB wifi iPad2 for $350 I didn't bother trying. :)

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
Why not just get a refurbish 16gb and save your time and gas money? Its like $6 more including tax and free shipping.

Vudoo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Dallas Metroplex
Why not just get a refurbish 16gb and save your time and gas money? Its like $6 more including tax and free shipping.
I like receiving the Reward Points, which is about another $10 off. The dollar amount spent also goes towards my Silver Reward status.

Holoshed

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2011
North Carolina
I like receiving the Reward Points, which is about another $10 off. The dollar amount spent also goes towards my Silver Reward status.
I have got to admit I am not sure why I didnt buy mine at best buy this year but got caught up in the pre order craze. I am also Premier Silver for this year but do not know if/how I will spend 2,500 this year to do it.

Either way I understand what you mean as the reward zone points make buying stuff there a lot easier.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
Does anyone know if Macmall price matches? That'd be dandy too. I'm trying to speak to their online chat rep, but it's not working...

EDIT: Macmall does not price match whatsoever. Ah well.

Last edited:

preston181

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
Does anyone know if Macmall price matches? That'd be dandy too. I'm trying to speak to their online chat rep, but it's not working...

Ask to speak to Richard Lee when you call them. He is an account exec manager there. He will beat anything the site itself has for pricing. Especially if it's a business order.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas

Okay gotcha. Maybe check Staples' prices and see if they are the same. You probably will have to take a photo of it cause they aren't listing their prices online.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
Ask to speak to Richard Lee when you call them. He is an account exec manager there. He will beat anything the site itself has for pricing. Especially if it's a business order.

You can just ask for people like that? I guess I'll give it a shot...

TB07-NJ

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL

So Macmall refuses to price match because Micro Center is "in store pickup" only.

Oh well.
MACMALL now charges sales tax in all states (except of course those states with no sales tax) so it's no bargain anymore.