All iPads Best Buy Trade In Worth it to Upgrade to Mini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ClemTiger0408, Jul 12, 2013.

  1. ClemTiger0408 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2007
    #1
    Thoughts? I have an iPad 2 and have had my eye on the Mini for some time. I think I will appreciate the size of the Mini more than the iPad 2.

    I was waiting for a Retina but the rumors of a delay and of many happy owners saying they don't care about the lack of retina on the mini has me wondering if I should take advantage of this offer.

    Thoughts?
     
  2. trs0722 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2011
    Location:
    Newark, DE
    #2
    I saw that too. Ebay has iPad 2 (16gb WiFi) going for closer to $250. I don't mind the bigger size over the mini but for the price + retina, it may be worth waiting for it.
     
  3. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    May 29, 2010
    #3
    I have the Mini and while the size is ok, the non retina display is not that good. If you mostly plan on using the Mini for reading on and web browsing I would wait and get a Mini with a retina display.


    Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2
     
  4. bluespark macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2009
    Location:
    New York
    #4
    I have both an iPad 2 and a mini and find myself gravitating toward the mini most of the time. I truly love the form factor, and don't miss Retina as much as I expected because the pixels are still much smaller than those on the iPad 2. Opinions obviously vary, but the mini has been a fantastic device for my needs.

    That said, I do use it mostly for reading, so I'll most likely upgrade to a Retina mini as soon as one is introduced.
     

Share This Page