iPad Best Buy's Black Friday iPad Air 2's are now available

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BMW535i, Nov 27, 2014.

1. BMW535i, Nov 27, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2014

BMW535i macrumors member

Just wanted to let you all know that Best Buy is showing that iPad Air 2's are available at the Black Friday Price right now. I just bought a wifi only iPad Air 2 64 GB in silver for $499 plus tax. It says I should receive it by Dec 10th with free standard shipping. Also keep in mind you are eligible for 18 month financing through Best Buy if you purchase more than $429 pre-tax or bonus reward zone points.

BMW535i :cool:

2. Little Endian macrumors 6502a

Meh... Sold out already for most air 2 configurations. I wanted a 128gb wifi + cellular model but no luck everything sold out online except for the gold version but when I try to check out I just get an error message.

3. lyutin macrumors regular

if you have an iPhone

download the iOS best buy app, and order throught there. Thats what i did when the safari browser didn't work while the item was in the cart.

4. Little Endian macrumors 6502a

Thanks it worked for me!

5. Morac macrumors 65816

Morac

When I went to bed around 2 AM EST, Best Buy had all Air 2s listed as coming soon. I happened to wake up at 4 am EST and all the space gray configurations except the 16 GB ones were already sold out. I had wanted the 128 GB Wifi+Cell one. The Gold was still available at that time (no longer), but I don't like white IPads, even if they are discounted $100.

Since Best Buy's iPad Air 2 sale is supposed to run till Sunday, I'm hoping they restock.

6. Little Endian macrumors 6502a

Same here I am not thrilled about a white and gold ipad. I am going to try to exchange it for a space gray ipad once I receive it. I pulled the trigger just in case there is no restock and I didn't not want to waste the time standing in line at my local best buy with the hopes of snagging a 128gb space gray on Black Friday. $100 off plus $25 cashback from my amex blue cash preferred card is a great deal.

7. Morac, Nov 27, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2014

Morac macrumors 65816

Morac

Best Buy's Black Friday iPad Air 2's are now available

Best Buy just restocked. Their web site went down and I jumped on the mobile app and saw the 128 GB Space gray was back and grabbed it.

8. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

They've been out most of the morning, as best I can tell. Maybe they'll restock throughout the day, but I won't hold my breath for any good models (non-gold) to get restocked.

9. sovereign macrumors 6502

sovereign

Looks like a classic bait and switch by Best Buy. I have waited since the BF deals were published to order an iPad Air 2 from them, and they are immediately out of stock on nearly all models. Let's see if they show back in stock after the sale ends.

10. Morac macrumors 65816

Morac

Keep checking periodically. They sold out of the 128 GB gray and silver models almost immediately at 4 am, but they were available again around 6:30 am (and quickly sold out again), so it looks like BB is periodically restocking. You need to be quick though if you want to get it.

11. NativeTxn macrumors regular

Yep - pretty ridiculous. I was on at 12:01 Central time looking for a couple of iPad Air 2 models and everything said "Coming Soon." Refreshed for the better part of a couple of hours and still nothing.

Around 2:45 AM, it finally said Add To Cart for them, but when I went to add the models to the cart, it kept saying there was an error and to try again later.

Tried a few more times, but gave up around 3:00 AM Central. When I woke up this morning, everything was already sold out.

First world problems, for sure, but still ridiculous and frustrating.

12. Rodster macrumors 68040

I was up around 2am and I can confirm their website had CART issues which they fixed by 4am. I had several items in my cart and I couldn't access them. Then around 4am they apparently fixed the problem and I wanted a 16GB Gold Air 2 but they were sold out. So I got the 64GB instead.

13. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

Blame the resellers. Look for these to appear on ebay, craigslist, and China.

14. jlyanks85 macrumors 6502a

IPad Air 2 were easily available before this sale and will be again once the sale ends. So if it was resellers, they won't get a premium on eBay.

15. sovereign macrumors 6502

sovereign

I blame Best Buy. They simply are not going to sell these in any quantity for $100 off. They will magically appear back in stock after the sale is over.

16. Luba macrumors 65816

Luba

I bought an iPad Air 2 last week with a 10% off coupon. Do you think I could go to a Best Buy show my receipt and get the $100 off along with the 10% off?? If I could it would be almost $200 off! I don't want to return it and get another iPad as I've already set it up even though it's as easy as doing a Restore.

Btw, I intended to get Space Gray and could of, but saw saw the Gold. Gold looks better on the iPad than on the iPhone IMO. For those wanting SG, consider Gold if SG is sold out. Also, looks great with Midnight Blue smart case.

17. Rodster macrumors 68040

You could try but I can see them saying why they won't give you the price difference. You would have to return your Air 2. Then rebuy it and it has to be in stock and during the current BF sales. If you used the Movers 10% off coupon, they won't apply it to the new sale. You'd need another one.

18. l.i. bruce fan macrumors member

The mover's coupon is not valid during the BF sales (used mine yesterday # on the early iPad mini 2 sale)

19. magbarn macrumors 68000

Wow, considering how much even better this year's BF iPad Air 2 discounts compared to last year, I'm going to wait for next year's BF before I jump on an iPad Air 3 upgrade...

20. tibas92013 macrumors 6502

Yesterday on Best Buy On-Line I scored a IPAD Mini2 32GB for $294.00 which included Florida Sales Tax and Free Shipping

21. dborja macrumors 6502a

Best Buy just restocked! I got my iPad Air 2. Woohoo!

Does anybody know what carrier BB uses for expedited shipping?

22. minicard macrumors regular

minicard

Bestbuy availability is a joke. Been doing the online almost every few hours. Saw a 128 Gold with cellular available but when I click "add to cart" it comes up as an error.

----------

Update on the Bestbuy joke. So I can finally put it in my cart. When I checkout it only offers in-store pickup. WTF? Can't mail it to me. The closest store it is available is a 100 miles? Guess will pay full price at the Apple store.

23. Mr Kram macrumors 68020

Mr Kram